Willie B's Fundraiser

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
No, it's not a fundraiser for Willie B's. : )

I'm not sure if I should crosspost this here and in the get-together threads, but:

They are selling raffle tickets at Willie B's for a great Superbowl package. The proceeds are going to the West Islip Breast Cancer Coalition.

So, if you are even remotely local to Long Island, come down and buy some raffle tickets (they are $1.00 each) and help a great cause.

The drawing will be on Jan. 28th in the Willie B's parking lot. It's going to be a great time. There will be a band, some tents, the lang will be out and we are trying to arrange for some celebrities to draw the winning raffle tickets.

We are also trying to arrange for some other items to raffle off. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, please let me know.

People outside the NY area may not know, but Long Island has a number of 'cancer clusters' where the rate of women afflicted with breast cancer is much, much higher than the national average. Will is doing a great thing here, bringing attention to a great cause.

This is an excellent site that has some detailed information:
http://epi.grants.cancer.gov/LIBCSP/Overview.html

Thanks for reading.

Eric

I'll be there! Looking forward to it! Always a good time.

Did anyone think of hitting up the local radio stations for some promo spots and/or personalities? I would be glad to make some calls on Willie's behalf. Let me know...

If anyone has any thoughts on bbq related companies that might be willing to donate something to be raffled, please let me know.

Knives, sauces, cookbooks, anything like that.

Thanks!

Eric

How about those briquet folks that work with Grill Kings? Purefire?

Plessers?

How about the PC Richards guys that Willie knows? How about a floor or demo model of something for a smaller giveaway? Are they invited? Staff?

Cool news!

We will also be raffling off 2 tickets to a live taping of Emeril Live at the Food Network!!

People wait YEARS for these tickets.

I hope to see you all there. It looks like it's shaping up to be a great event.

Eric

Eric, are you head of PR for willie b's now? the official spokesperson? do we have to go thru you to talk to willie?

BBQchef33 said:
Who is Willie B?

Willie B is a a really nice BBQ guy from L.I.. He may not get his pork chop in on time but he has a big heart. He suggested that I lose my pants and belt ... this is BBQ! I've saved them to hang on the wall in his BBQ restaurant (autographed). Willie B is a really nice BBQ guy from L.I. period....

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Sledneck said:
Eric, are you head of PR for willie b's now? the official spokesperson? do we have to go thru you to talk to willie?

No. Going through me is not needed.

I have him scheduled to do public hand shakings on Tuesdays from 12:00 to 1:15 pm. Just remember that Mr. Breakstone is happy to meet with the little people, but no photographs are allowed without prior permission and if you want more than one autograph you need to go to the back of the line after the first.

Mr. Breakstone also requests that he not be looked at directly in the eyes during his meetings with the public.

Thank you,

Eric

I am planning to come by. What time is this shindig?

Also, let me know if you still need a celebrity to draw the winning tickets. I know a world famous napkin artist who will be in the area.

Wished I could attend but kinda of a long drive from here. Enjoy the day and what a great cause. Good luck.

Mike

10am to start cooking. See you there. Invited a few friends, too. Should be fun. Weather looks to be good so far!

Spread the word!

I'd be happy to draw the winning tickets, but I just can't seem to book a flight from Wikieup international airport.

Back