No American flag at Sams Tour in Alabama against ordinances

I'll keep the cometes to myself as if I state my true feeling the mods will delete it... But I will say with all that is wrong in this world today.... At BBQ Comps I attend everything is right.... They are the best people in the world right there for sure with kindness everywhere and awesome fellowship.... Maybe the world would be a better place if everyone BBQed and just chilled out and enjoyed the time we have here and our loved ones.....

its nonsense (not the words I really want to say) but if the competitors are still there and the towns getting paid think anyone will listen to the complaints?

I'd prefer to see the orig fb post say I packed up

I read the city's ordinance regarding signage and there is no mention of flags at all, much less the American flag. http://www.daphneal.com/government/ordinances/ (see Sign Ordinance & Amendment to Sign Ordinance)
I think some moron, that doesn't know the difference, was flexing their authority in an effort to make themselves look important.

I read the city's ordinance regarding signage and there is no mention of flags at all, much less the American flag. http://www.daphneal.com/government/ordinances/ (see Sign Ordinance & Amendment to Sign Ordinance)
I think some moron, that doesn't know the difference, was flexing their authority in an effort to make themselves look important.
I found nothing in the ordinances either, it feels like tremendous over-reach by some overzealous inspector.

That being said, I have never heard tell of a City that banned personal flags like that, especially on temporary events or festivals.

Why did the teams there take their flags down?? I don't care what the ordinance is. The erosion of rights in this lcountry is sickening. No one is doing anything about it either.

That's wrong. I hang one up in my living room. If a contest would not allow me to fly a flag if I chose too do so I would go out and get a bigger flag and hang it higher. If I got fined oh well I would take a big old poo on the ticket and mail it back to the city in a box. In other words I would not pay the fine and I will be darned if some stupid politician or anyone for that matter will tell me I can't fly an American flag on AMERICAN soil.

Back