IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "It Came From the Sea, Part 2!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"It Came From the Sea, Part 2!"

1837471_Redhot.jpg

This was Redhot's winning entry in the 2011 "It Came From the Sea" Throwdown!

As chosen by sam3 for winning the "Game Meats"Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

sam3 said:
For the next TD category, I would like to go with "It came from the Sea." Anything that comes from the Ocean, either fish or shellfish. Main ingredient would have to be shown in raw form, on the grill and plated. Mermaid figurine optional. :heh:
All other standard rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/13 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/23/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/23.

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
We should Dolphiniley scale back on the fish puns

Sooooo.... Catfish, Crappie, crawdads, trout, blue gills, Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, Sturgeon, carp, pike, muskie, King Salmon, walleye, and perch are all Dilly worthy? They are all fresh water (lake and stream) not ocean..

I sea what you did there! :thumb:

Sooooo.... Catfish, Crappie, crawdads, trout, blue gills, Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, Sturgeon, carp, pike, muskie, King Salmon, walleye, and perch are all Dilly worthy? They are all fresh water (lake and stream) not ocean..

Anything that comes from the Ocean, either fish or shellfish.

:biggrin1:

King salmon is another name for Chinook salmon. In nature, they live in the ocean, only returning to fresh water to spawn. Unfortunately, they are also stocked into fresh water. I know some people on the east coast catch brook trout in salt water.

Hook line and sinker, my work is done here.

But seriously what a great category, I love fish themes everyone should enter just for the Halibut!

5096d6a691505.jpeg

King salmon is another name for Chinook salmon. In nature, they live in the ocean, only returning to fresh water to spawn. Unfortunately, they are also stocked into fresh water. I know some people on the east coast catch brook trout in salt water.

I was thinking of the king salmon in my freezer, caught in Lake Michigan, but you are correct. There are some Salmon/trout in Salt water as well. Turns out I'm just full of carp. If I make any more mistakes, please let minnow :thumb:

I was thinking of the king salmon in my freezer, caught in Lake Michigan, but you are correct. There are some Salmon/trout in Salt water as well. Turns out I'm just full of carp. If I make any more mistakes, please let minnow :thumb:
Just didn't want anyone floundering in to trouble.

What if something just smells fishy?
Salt fishy or fresh fishy? Or to split the difference, brackish fishy? It's a briny problem.
Those living upriver from the ocean might want to consider Bull shark. It's in the larger rivers. I'd pass on the lamprey, though.

I'm not sure a boat that Chris. Could be a slippery slope,and we don't want to make the mods crabby.

You guys are just being a bunch of clowns!

120921_clownfish_tout.jpg

Or are you being serious? Please let Nemo...I mean, me know! :wink:

Sorry Peeps. I thought this cod be fun, but maybe I will just make anemones...

You guys are just being a bunch of clowns!

120921_clownfish_tout.jpg

Or are you being serious? Please let Nemo...I mean, me know! :wink:
I think it is mostly covered under
Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*
But the migratory fish do exist and they are frequently caught in fresh water. I just didn't want anyone to be caught flatfished. People do have to read the labels when purchasing fish to see where they were farmed.

Last edited:
Back