Discussion Thread -> "Special Rules Clusterfark!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Special Rules Clusterfark!"

13738015864_f27e0c6fa2_c.jpg

This was Enrico's winning entry in the 2014 "Chimney Steak Clusterfark" Throwdown.

As chosen by Shagdog for winning the "Probe Tender"
Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Shagdog said:
You MUST cook - A Ribeye Steak, approx 1in thick or thicker. Steak may be cooked to your liking. You can use a thermometer if you must. Your plate must also include a baked potato and a green vegetable or fruit. Green salad is an acceptable vegetable. Green Skittles are not. Veggie or fruit preparation is at your discretion. Raw is acceptable. Your entry photo must contain all three of these finished items (Steak, Baked potato, Green Veggie or fruit) Somewhere in your entry you must show a picture of your steak sliced, but it does not have to be in the entry picture.

Sounds simple enough to me! :thumb: What could possibly go wrong? :biggrin1:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/6 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/16/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/16.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Let's get this clusterfark started!:rockon: Please except the following as my entry in the clusterfark TD.

Wasn't planning on entering this one, was actually contemplating a few weeks away from the computer, but......had these in the freezer

Seasoned up good with my beef rub, I spent over a year working on this rub and I'm finally content.

Then set my OTG up indirect with some virginia white oak on the hot side. Sorry about the darkness, wifey and I have to wait till the little ones are in bed prior to doing things like eating a peaceful dinner together.

then I set them on the oak for a sear, pulled when they felt right

Served with a simple caesar and a salt crusted bacon potato. These little beauties were phenomenal, wifey is very happy.

Entry pic:

DQ, that ribeye ain't sliced. It's cut in half....

Great first volley! I've never seen a ribeye look like that, sure looks delicious and well cooked!

DQ, that ribeye ain't sliced. It's cut in half....

Great first volley! I've never seen a ribeye look like that, sure looks delicious and well cooked!

Thanks! The fillet of ribeye is a ribeye with the cap removed. I enjoy the caps as they are the most flavorful part of a ribeye, but I bet SRF separates them and makes more by selling them separate.

Thanks! The fillet of ribeye is a ribeye with the cap removed. I enjoy the caps as they are the most flavorful part of a ribeye, but I bet SRF separates them and makes more by selling them separate.
Correct Shenco,the cap of the Ribeye, the Spinalis Dorsi, is one of the rarest cuts of meat, and extremely difficult to find. SRF would have them though.

I tried to talk my butcher into selling me just the cap one time, he said "sure, I will sell it to you, but you have to buy the rest of the roast too":mad:

Please accept this as my official Clusterfark entry.

Picked up a little bit of EntrecĂ´cte which is ribeye here in France. It was more than adequate to qualify for the special rule regarding "1" or thicker" What do you think?

My Obligatory "Sliced Shot"

My final entry shot and polling pic if you please. Ribeye Steak, Potato and Brussels Sprout Soup, with Roquefort creme. What a ClusterFark

The complete cook thread can be found here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3184572&postcount=1

Last edited:
Dang fine entries and Jed that is one thick arse ribeye :shocked:

Are you sure it's not a roast? :laugh: :pound:

:boink: You know I just had to poke at you on that. I wouldn't have cut it up myself.

But then again as serving sizes go I am a family of 4 :pound:

Great entries all. I am jelous I will have to miss this one. Save me a seat!

Excellent entries fellas. This is gonna be a tough one. Especially since I cant see who is in the lead when I vote.:biggrin1:

Back