*** Re-Vote - BBQ Brethren "2014 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown! - Re-Vote ***

*** Re-Vote - BBQ Brethren "2014 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown! - Re-Vote ***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peeps

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We are re-starting the poll for this following the events from last week. Please keep this civil, fun, and in the spirit of the Brethren! Please vote your heart and leave allegiances at the door!!! May the best Master win!!!

It is time to decide the winner of the BBQ Brethren ”2014 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Monday, March 9.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name or picture for more pics/info on the entries.

CharredApron

Al Czervik

Toast

buccaneer

Last edited:
And for this re-vote and all TD votes going forward, votes will be hidden UNTIL the poll closes, then the vote will be revealed along with who voted for who, just as you would normally see the poll.

Mods and Admins can see the votes throughout to keep an eye on any tomfoolery.

I'm so glad this revote is up. Thanks to the moderators for keeping stuff in check in such a civilized manner. Most of all, thanks to all the contestants for their amazing cooks. Unfortunately, now we all have to decide again which plate fires us up the most. This is a hard call, but after a review of all the cooks, my vote stays the same. I would jump at the chance to eat every meal here, but Jed gets my vote.

After my re review of all the great presentations and the cooks my vote ,while difficult to make, remains the same.

Congratulations to all the participants.

eye on any tomfoolery.
NO MORE. Even though I'm new, it hurt the Brethren.

I STILL CANT FARKIN' DECIDE!

Fabulous cooks. all.

edit: I just looked again. This is ridiculous.

Did the votes from the previous thread count? I haven't voted in the new thread and this is what I see:

NoVote.png

The bottom of the photo says: "Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll"

Did the votes from the previous thread count? I haven't voted in the new thread and this is what I see:

NoVote.png

Phil has been alerted. He'll check it out. If anyone else has an issue let us know.

And for this re-vote and all TD votes going forward, votes will be hidden UNTIL the poll closes, then the vote will be revealed along with who voted for who, just as you would normally see the poll.

Mods and Admins can see the votes throughout to keep an eye on any tomfoolery.

NoVote.png

Must be a glitch in the Tomfoolery detectors.

I'm not a fan of this non-transparent transparency, especially if the mods can modify the voting if they feel Tomfoolery is involved. :tsk:

P.S. Tomfoolery has always been present in the TD voting, I don't condone it but it's a fact.

Phil has been alerted. He'll check it out. If anyone else has an issue let us know.

NoVote.png

Sorry gimbo.. this has been fixed. You were part of our grandfathered users. I needed to include this group in the code that evaluates the thresholds put in place to allow TD voting.

You should be good to go, as is any of the other grandfathered users.

Must be a glitch in the Tomfoolery detectors.

I'm not a fan of this non-transparent transparency, especially if the mods can modify the voting if they feel Tomfoolery is involved. :tsk:

P.S. Tomfoolery has always been present in the TD voting, I don't condone it but it's a fact.

No one can modify who voted in polls once they voted. Mods and the Creator of the poll however CAN see the results as they come in.

Okay thanks for the clarification. I didn't know exactly what keeping an eye on tomfoolery entailed. :thumb:

I think peeps was somewhat making a joke but at the same time letting everyone know he (the mods) can see who's voting for who while everyone else can't. Just in case there's anymore "suspicious" voting. That's how I took it at least.

My vote is in.......again......:biggrin1:

I align myself with the cabbage and pork chop again!! Pretty lamb burger in a close second!! And all I would love too eat anytime!!

It's too bad the mods were forced to make this change. It's going to take some time to get used to it. Part of the enjoyment was watching how the number of votes changed over time. This is kind of like going to the horse races and wearing a blind fold and ear plugs until after the race.

It's too bad the mods were forced to make this change. It's going to take some time to get used to it. Part of the enjoyment was watching how the number of votes changed over time. This is kind of like going to the horse races and wearing a blind fold and ear plugs until after the race.
I can give daily updates. Moose is in the lead, I'm trailing by a few votes in second, and Guerry and Gore both have negative votes. :noidea:

Back