Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "HAPPY MEAL!"*** Throwdown(Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new March Special TD category is...

Happy Meal!

1902046_caseydog.jpg

This was Caseydog's winning entry in the 2012
"Happy Meal" Throwdown!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook one of your favorite meals that makes you happy! Backround info on why your meal makes you happy is encouraged!

2. This is an open category, meaning you can cook anything you like as long as it confirms to the category.

3. Standard Throwdown rules apply.

4. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/27 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/30/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/30.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I might be able to do this one.

Official entry!HOPPY MEAL!!
I sprinkled a little S&P and Lawrys Steak seasoning onto two kangaroo filets and let them rest a bit.
Prepped leeks and potatoes after lighting a half chimney of briquettes for the kettle.
CI grill was used on the Kangaroo filets.
First ready was the Potato crepe
IMG_3381_zpscthtaoep.jpg

Next up was the Leek Gratin with gruyere cheese and bechemal
IMG_3386_zps7ez6avgt.jpg

Then the beans and the kangaroo had rested enough so I sliced it finely across the grain
This! This one 'ere...be me Polling Lure, me tackle, me barnacle coated entry shot, arrr
IMG_3387_zpsekkdkty2.jpg

IMG_3398_zps24fiblyn.jpg

IMG_3399_zps0hurfxvy.jpg

This was just superb, ' and if anyone enters anything as hoppy as this, I will be very surprised, I got this in the pouch! !

:becky:

:yo:

Last edited:
Rotisserie ribs just like dads, well almost

Here's an entry for the "Happy Meal" Throw Down.

I had originally planned to enter this in the "Independence Day" Throw Down, but missed the deadline:doh:. But it just so happens that it fits in very nicely here, one of my favorite meals for sure, and to cook it like dad did, well, lots of good memories there.

You can see the whole cook and the story here;
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206531

Here are a couple shots:
Like%20Dads%20ribs%20and%20chicken%20042_zpsxdz4tv83.jpg

Like%20Dads%20ribs%20and%20chicken%20046_zpsoxrkjv37.jpg

Like%20Dads%20ribs%20and%20chicken%20047_zpsy09aaar8.jpg

Like%20Dads%20ribs%20and%20chicken%20057_zpssmjsbqab.jpg

Like%20Dads%20ribs%20and%20chicken%20062_zps4nlzlkof.jpg

Please use the following shot for my entry:
Like%20Dads%20ribs%20and%20chicken%20077_zps6wemtybm.jpg

It was all good:grin::grin::grin:, and certainly made ME happy:grin::grin::grin:.

Thanks for looking all!

Keep on Qing,

KC

I'm surprised we didn't have any cross entries from the "Special Rules Clusterfark" TD in this one...

I'm surprised we didn't have any cross entries from the "Special Rules Clusterfark" TD in this one...
We went a couple months with no special TDs, so perhaps it was off the radar...but, they can still enter them in here for the next 2 weeks! :wink:

Picking a hog up on Thursday for a Friday barbecue, let's just say breaking in a new pit with a whole hog makes me happy, stay tuned.

Shagdog- wanna make a trip to virginia this weekend? I need a bad arse photographer like yourself for this one!

Tony's Happy Meal

Please accept this as our Happy meal. It's my all time favorite Carne Asada!!!!
This meal brings back memories when my father and uncles would grill in the back yard. All my cousins would be playing in the yard,music in the background and just plain simple fun.

This plate has carne asada,refried beans,rice,chorizo and a new to me cut of steak called agujas.

More details on the cook

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206909

Official Entry

Please accept this entry in the Happy Meal TD

I do not like dry pork but a nice juicy Pork loin is to die for.

This brined Pork Loin Roast was just that, moist and tasty with a good medium bark. Combined with twice baked Taters, Salad with blue cheese crumbles and Garlic expressions dressing. and the best corn ever - Sauvie Island Peaches and Cream corn.

The full cook is here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206843&highlight=Brined+pork

Please use this as the entry photo

View attachment 108922

Thanks for Lookin
SD

Last edited:
It was just a fun cook!!!

Another entry please.
No real story here, it was just that my wife said I "was going to miss her." as she was eating this
Alaskan%20Cod%20Shrimp%20and%20Stuffed%20Mushrooms%20034_zps0ykslyta.jpg

And I asked "what do you mean?" And she said that she had "died and gone to heaven."

Now I ask, Just what could make a guy happier than that?

The Menu was:
Herb seasoned, bacon wrapped Alaskan Cod
Baked Prawns
Bay Shrimp stuffed mushrooms
Honey-Ginger glazed carrots
Grilled Potatoes

So please accept the above photo as my second entry.

See the full cook thread here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207196

Thanks for looking all!

Keep on Qing,

KC

Back