• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

crab stuffed tomatoes with corn and red potato and beer bread

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

tomatoes from the garden with leftover smoked king crab from last night, some dizzy pig jamaican firewalk, brown sugar, chopped shallots, s&p, smoked cheddar, extra virgin olive oil, sliced provolone

:biggrin: :shock: :biggrin:

crabstuffedtomato-005.jpg

crabstuffedtomato-014.jpg

crabstuffedtomato-026.jpg

crabstuffedtomatoII-012.jpg

aargh.gif

Last edited:
Major League Awesome Bro!!! How far is your neck of the woods from Painesville? I grew up on lake Erie as a kid...I remember some of those crazy winters in the snow belt.

JD

I give up! You win Rick! Now just how do you loose weight and eat the way you ate the last 2 day's? Thats just not fair!

Great Job Rick!

How do you smoke youre crabs....cant be very long process, but tasty I bet!

Rick, you need to have your own show on the food channel.

Those are some great looking pics.

I'm not sure if I ever heard of Smoked King Crab, how did you
do it? I'm always looking to try something new.

the cheese looks like a lattice thingie they put on pies looks great

How do you smoke youre crabs....cant be very long process, but tasty I bet!

every time i go down to my fish monger's, i ask him if he has king crab pieces. if he has two pounds, i get them. the pieces are a lot cheaper than the whole king crab legs. just toss them on at the end of whatever else i'm cooking. the knuckle has a lot of meat exposed with a lot of surface area that soaks up the smokey goodness of the lump charcoal and in this case alder chips.
chef.gif

kingsalmoncrab-002.jpg

salmonncrablegs-029.jpg

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
I'll be happy when we get those teleporters up and running.:biggrin:

Rick, you need to have your own show on the food channel.
hahahaha!

keep watching... i'm just getting warmed up :wink:

Rick's Tropical Delight
*alone on an island of despair*

thanks brothers! i told you i was obsessed when i first got here and it's not lettin me go :biggrin:

let's show some love for the beer bread. this stuff is so farkin good, i could live on just it alone. dump box mix in bowl, add one beer, stir for 30 seconds, dump in lubed cast iron skillet, 3 tablespoons of melted butter over the top, bake for 55 minutes at 400

crabstuffedtomato-002.jpg

thanks brothers! i told you i was obsessed when i first got here and it's not lettin me go :biggrin:

let's show some love for the beer bread. this stuff is so farkin good, i could live on just it alone. dump box mix in bowl, add one beer, stir for 30 seconds, dump in lubed cast iron skillet, 3 tablespoons of melted butter over the top, bake for 55 minutes at 400

crabstuffedtomato-002.jpg

What kind of box mix? Bread or cornbread?

Back