• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The brisket craving can be a cruel thing...

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Have a urge to smoke a brisket tomorrow so I went to five different stores/markets and none of them had a single packer is stock. :doh:

That sucks! I hate it when that happens. Last time that happened to me, I picked up a 3 bone rib roast, cut the ribs off leaving a nice layer of meat on top and BBQ'd them. They turned out delicious. They hit the spot!

Thats crazy that packers would be hard to find in the midwest. I guess I should stop complaining about not being able to get Prime Grade.

Theres always the humble chuck roast! Done right I think its as good as any brisket.

Have a urge to smoke a brisket tomorrow so I went to five different stores/markets and none of them had a single packer is stock. :doh:

go back to the store and get some brisket on a stick....AKA beef ribs!!! its not the same but it would be scrumplicious!!!!

edit: smoothsmoke beat me to it!!:biggrin1:

Here is a poor pic of the beef ribs. They were a little on the fatty side, but that just added flavor. It was easy to eat around it.

picture.php

if you're willing to drive to Omaha i bet you could find a brisket there....they have a costco

if you're willing to drive to Omaha i bet you could find a brisket there....they have a costco

Checked there as that is usually were I get my brisket but they had no packers in stock which was a first for them when I have checked.

Why not do some beef short ribs if you can't find a packer? beef short ribs are so dericious

I agree with the MidWest comment, I can't imagine there not being briskets up there anywhere. There are 5 different stores I could go to right now within 2 miles of me that would have several packers in stock. Sorry, I know that doesn't help, maybe let the management of those stores know your angst so that it can be rectified in the future!

Back