90 Minute Baby Back ribs...Go to SHOW

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Have you ever said "these are the best ribs I've ever done?"

This is one of those days for me.

Now there's some secrets i'm not quite ready to talk about but I will at some point in the not too distant future.

Ok here we go.

I started with the membrane, It's scored up with a knife so it will take my rub, applied extra virgin olive oil and spicey apple rub. (thanks diesel Dave,I love it!.)

1:15 PM Got the chimney fired up with some lump

1:25 ribs on the smoker

2:55 PM Just pulled off the bones and started slicing them up. Some smoke ring and juicier than can be!

Nice clean off the bone with just a little pull is the way i like them.

Thanks for checking them out. No need to foil,remove membrane etc.. for the best ribs you could hope for.

As lean as BB's are, I can believe it.

90 minutes is believable. I've done BBs in 2 hours before.

Later in the week I'l do spares...they take about the same time, I just like BB better.

Is one of the secrets the temperature at which you cooked?

Those look great.

Is one of the secrets the temperature at which you cooked?

Those look great.
No real secret on the temps other than it does gets very very hot.

The thing is as you know high temps and sugary rubs/glazes and sauces tend to burn at high temps (and i hate that burnt dark bark stuff) These ribs had both a high sugar rub and a sugary glaze at the end and cooked 100% naked.

Those look great! what temps are you talking?
It really varies Brian, If I gave you an average i'd say 400* and 500*

Looks great Keith. I've been gravitating toward higher temp cooks myself as of late, and 100% agree on that dark bark-NASTY.

Very nice! I'd sure like to know more about how they were done , but I'm not sure about using my pellet grill to accomplish the same results. High heat = no smoke :cry:
Cheers
John

Looks great Keith. I've been gravitating toward higher temp cooks myself as of late, and 100% agree on that dark bark-NASTY.
Yea even on ribs I'd rather not have the charred stuff on the ends.

JD i saw you have a drum grill? Sounds cool, You have a pic of it?

ok you have to explain how you did that. They look PERFECT! :jaw:
Thanks! I will Decoy, there's some things i have to work on first.

Very nice! I'd sure like to know more about how they were done , but I'm not sure about using my pellet grill to accomplish the same results. High heat = no smoke :cry:
Cheers
John
Thanks Jake! After this Fall i will.

Hey BTW you can add a smoke generator to the pellet grill for more smoke if you need too.

I hear Steve Irvine from Restaurant Impossible has a 90 minute rib technique also!

Just sayin :p

Back