A BBQ Brethren Event Sept 21, 2014 Hicksville, NY Fire Dept

I'm trying to see if I can get my act together (Mentally and Physically)for this 1st time event for me. Still need a few things before I can commit. Need to get 100' hose and extension cord. Plus, I would have to do everything on one smoker which I don't see as a major issue since I cook everything at about the same temp.
I can probably get a hold of an extra extension cord for you...and I'm pretty sure you could share a hose with someone, most people are really good about sharing :thumb: So send in your app!! lol

I'm trying to see if I can get my act together (Mentally and Physically)for this 1st time event for me.

This is a great first time event. I hope you can make it. The category stipulations are pretty easy. You can even use some of the ribs from the People's Choice for the judged portion.

Eric

I'm trying to see if I can get my act together (Mentally and Physically)for this 1st time event for me. Still need a few things before I can commit. Need to get 100' hose and extension cord. Plus, I would have to do everything on one smoker which I don't see as a major issue since I cook everything at about the same temp.

I might be wrong but i don't think we have a 100 ft hose and don't think we ever did. I might be wrong though. Grab your garden hose you will be fine.

12:30pm-Chicken Turn-In
1:00pm- Beef Turn-In
1:30pm-Pork Ribs Turn-In
1:30pm-People's Choice rib competition starts
4:30pm- People's Choice rib competition ends

Nice to see you guys jumping in the ring before sept 1st! The updated cooks packet will be on the website tomorrow, pretty much the same as last years. Anyone have any questions regarding the judged portion? Like GREEN edible garnish means just that, no buns,rice,saluted onions etc.

Question on the beef and chicken entries . . .

Can those be stuffed/wrapped with other things?

Is it the same format as last year? $5 entrance gets 5 tickets and a voting ticket? Just need to know so I can post it on my Facebook pages.

they start inspection early, as soon as they open... and it goes all day if needed.

Back