How's the price of beef where you are???

Paid $20 for a 3 lb flat over the weekend. Want to do at least one full packer this summer. I'll talk to my mortgage broker.

Brisket on base at the commissary 5.70/lb Publix 6 and up i bought a chuck instead and did pepper beef stout last weekend.

RD, 3.29 lb for packers.. damn pork butt was 3.99.

spent 165$ for 2 butts and 2 packers, 2 racks of st louis last week.

Are you readyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

BAM! Bought the exact same thing at $2.89/lb couple months back.:becky:

20140419_115448.jpg

$3.19lb for packer at the local walmart. Three weeks ago they were $2.59. Local store that has never had brisket before got some certified angus brisket in. But at $6.19lb I wasn't buying.

I live in the same area as you so I'm experiencing about the same price as you.
This year my biggest offense was dealing with how the prices of eggs all went up for Easter. That pissed me off. Costco went from 2.30 per 18 pack to 3.99. Cheapest I found for Easter eggs were 2.79 an 18 pack, which beat out the dozen price. Got those from Kroger.

As soon as Easter was done Costco dropped their prices back down. :tsk:
Where are you at Jazzy? I'm near Corpus.

So I was wrong on my last post I just bought another brisket from Costco today. Be glad you don't live in Alaska. I'm gonna go to my butcher this weekend and that'll give me a high price for
ya.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
How is the price of beef where you live? Going up here in the gulf coast of Texas a little, but still reasonable if you shop around. Wal Mart last month had brisket for $1.77 a Pound, and last night I snagged this almost 14 pounder for $2.48 per pound. This brisket has a HUGE point, so I had to buy it.

Excel is not the best beef. I wonder what are other good brands? 7.80 ribeye boneless in RD today choice. not sure how much after cut the real cost would be.

Got these today.

brisket_zpsae7e0d33.jpg

brisket2_zpsffa77d12.jpg

The way this market advertises is it teases you with a price then adds 10% at the register, but still they were 3.27/lb...for CAB. So I got one for this weekend and another to freeze.

what was the brand Excel ? National? master?

I have to shop around for decent prices but since making good friends with butchers at Kroger, Walmart, and 2 other stores I do pretty good... usually paying between $1.96 and $2.49.

I'd give my eye teeth for some of your US prices.

Here in UK the lowest quality supermarket brisket is just over $6 a pound (£8/kg). For something decent, we're looking at $10 a pound plus. :shocked:

I just paid $3,66 for Cryovac Brisket at Cash and Carry if I remember right this time last year it was $1.79. My neighbor just got 8 new steer in his pasture I sure have been eyeing them

Back