Which State has most BBQ population, especially low & slow

woodpelletsmoker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I thought it must be Kansas or Missouri due to the famous BBQ society.
I was wrong
I analysis sales from Jan. to July, I find a very interesting result.
Texas is absolutely No.1
But the No. 2 to 4 may be much different from what you think

I'll tell you right now Indiana isn't 1-35 or 40....Ain't nobody but me and a few others BBQ'n I think. lol

How about SC and NC? They're the original home of whole hog, pulled or chopped pork, spare ribs and baby backs!!

Just curious, your location is china, how do you know what US state/s are BBQ king?

Is #4 Massachusetts? You can get great Jack Daniels pulled pork at Costco up here!

Agree to that bananablack!!

Fwismoker, you may be a trailblazer in Indiana. Some day they're gonna have your name in print:) Keep the faith. Sooner or later the others will follow your lead.

Well I knew Texas was number one. We only place last in "The Worst State" competition.

Is Tennessee in the top 4?

Just for fun.
What is your answer in No. 2,3 and 4.
Following post here please.
Depending on your answer and how many people take part in this game, I will give away 2 OZ stainless steel brine injector, and/or wGrill the BBQ thermometer with WIFI, and/or QMaster-Junior single probe BBQ controller, and/or QMaster-Senior dual probes controller.
Deadline Sept.30,2014
You can change your answer. But the latest answer will be validate for give-away.
If two or more have the same correct answer, the first will win the most expensive give-away.

I'm trying to understand exactly what you are asking. What states cook the most BBQ overall ? Which states have the most people cooking BBQ ? Which states eat the most BBQ ?

Also, not sure how sales data will tell you much vis a vis "lo and slow".

I'm trying to understand exactly what you are asking. What states cook the most BBQ overall ? Which states have the most people cooking BBQ ? Which states eat the most BBQ ?

Also, not sure how sales data will tell you much vis a vis "lo and slow".
If people buy BBQ controller, he or she must use it for low & slow smoking.
If not, he or she does not need a BBQ controller.
I calculate buyers of BBQ controller, which can reflect how many people do low & slow smoking.
Certainly it is not the 100% correct. But it can tell some basic truth too.

But I'd be willing to bet the majority of people are not using controllers on their pits, especially stick burners.

But I'd be willing to bet the majority of people are not using controllers on their pits, especially stick burners.

I agree with the above, many places in the south still shovel only the coals into the cooking area, there is no fire to control.

Based on only the purchase of pit controllers I would guess

Colorado
California
New York

I'll tell you right now Indiana isn't 1-35 or 40....Ain't nobody but me and a few others BBQ'n I think. lol

I'm at the complete opposite end of the state but you can add another 5 or 6 down here. lol

Better would be to compare as a percentage of population. For example, by a LONG LONG LONG shot, TX is the 2nd largest populated state in the nation. The next tier has Ohio, Georgia, New York, Florida, etc.

Back