Dino bones with naturiffic

Tkruse

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
First of all, a big thanks to Sirporksalot, for his gratitude in letting some brethren try his new product. After I did a finger test, I knew I wanted to try it on some beef. Since it was going to be the first time with the seasoning, I figured let's try another first, dino bones. Went to my favorite meat market and picked up 2 @3 bone packs. Light trim and pulled the membrane. (Probably didn't need to, and might have held everything togather a little better.). Fired up the 22" wsm, with some sample white oak I received and let her roll for an hour or so. Little slather with mustard and rubbed with naturiffic. Or as I call it "One and done," since that's all the seasoning that was needed. The flavor profile is spot on. Threw the ribs on at 10:50am yesterday. Checked at an hour and sprayed with a mix of apple cider vinegar 3-1 and Worcestershire. Wsm ran between 264-277 all day long, with only one lower vent cracked and top wide open. Checked and sprayed after the second hour. After the 3rd hour I sprayed again and wrapped in 2 layers of foil. Let run for another 2 hours wrapped and took temp at 4pm. Not quite done but getting close. At 4:35 the smaller rack probed like butter and read 204° and the larger rack probed like butter and read 203°. Put in a cooler for an hour and sliced at 6pm. Some pieces tasted great and some were ok. A tag on the greasy side. I think I could have let them go a little longer. Now for the pron.

Last edited:
Looks good enough to eat from here. Nice job.

Thanks for the kind words. The "One and done" is incredible. Great flavor. On a side note. How careful is everyone when spritzing to avoid the thermometer? I've always kinda wondered if I was being "too" cautious. Also have wondered about spraying when using a therm on the lower grate? Thoughts?

Any input on spritzing around thermometers? So I need take every perception not to get wet?

Made me hungry all over again. Can't wait to try my sample out this weekend.

Any input on spritzing around thermometers? So I need take every perception not to get wet?

I don't worry about it. The business end of most thermometer probes are moisture resistant.
The points of concern are where the wire enters the probe. A lot of folks put some heat shrink over this connection to help keep it dry

A cooker/ smoker/ grill is the opposite of a refridgerator.Just because you open the door on a fridge,does not mean everything in there is instantly room temp.Same with cookers.Just because you spritz a little liquid on your thermometer does not mean that it will not recover to a correct temp quickly.

Back