Meat storage safety question

smokemonster

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm getting up really early tomorrow to cook three briskets. Want to trim them tonight so I don't have to mess with it in the morning. Would they be safe in this Cambro container in the refrigerator overnight? The top snaps shut but it's definitely not air tight.

Last edited:
Safe from? You mean like oxygenation / odors?

I normally trim, rub, and wrap in saran wrap, throw it on a cookie sheet, and throw it in the fridge.

Bacteria that might make someone sick is my biggest concern. Cooking for a big group and don't want to risk getting folks sick.

I'm getting up really early tomorrow to cook three briskets. Want to trim them tonight so I don't have to mess with it in the morning. Would they be safe in this Cambro container in the refrigerator overnight? The top snaps shut but it's definitely not air tight.

Bacteria that might make someone sick is my biggest concern. Cooking for a big group and don't want to risk getting folks sick.

As long as the Cambro container was cleaned, you should have nothing to worry about. Keep them in the container in a cold refrigerator until you are ready to cook. Bacteria grows on the outside and any forming colony will be obliterated by the heat during the cooking process.

Back