The squeaky wheel.

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I needed a brisket.....wait scratch that. I needed THE brisket. Ya know that perfect one that just calls to you?

I was shoping at Costco. They carry prime brisket and its under $3/lbs. I saunter over to the meat case to find one brisket. The flat had a thin end and it was a pultry 12 lbs. I wanted a bigger one.

I could see the guys in back cleaning, working to go home. If i didn't need "THE" brisket i would have left him be.

"Excuse me sir? Do you know if there are any more packer briskets in back? Id like one larger than in the case."

"Durrr, ummm lemme go check"?

He comes back like 5 seconds later and says no.

Now im not saying i dont believe he checked but a spades a spade and he came back too fast. I break off in some rant, speaking to myself but trying to be heard. "I pay money to be a member here......warehouse....my arse....how's a warehouse gonna have one brisket."

We were shopping for a party, over 50 people. I had a cart full of drinks and other stuff. With an attitude i ghost rode my cart down the aisle and went to leave the store.

The whole time Becky is telling me to stop, calm down...smoke a fatty?... i refuse. Storm my way to the managers desk and explain my situation.

"Im not saying you dont have anymore briskets in stock but i know your guy didn't check."

Well we walk back to the meat dept and he did his job. One of the meat guys produced a case of primes, which he had to label. I picked the 17 lbs'er and retrieved our cart from the produce aisle. The manager asked me who i spoke with and when i pointed him out he said he was the deli guy but that's not an excuse. he felt the need to offer a handshake which i obliged. All i know is he made things happen and i was good with that.

And yes i got to point out to Becky that i was right.

:rant2:

I always feel a little bad about taking someone away from what they are doing to go into the back, so I always start by saying "hey I know you are really busy but could you go...."
Having said that, feeling a little bad never keeps me from asking.

I look forward to seeing you post pR0n of THE Brisket in coming days. *hint hint*:grin:

Glad the manager was a good dude who didn't mind trying to make things right for a loyal customer.

Glad you got what you wanted. I ran into it a few times at Costco that the employees don't want to help.

You did exactly what I would have done. I hate to have to go over someone's head and get them in trouble but I will if the worker forces me too. Managers for the most part have been trained to take care of customers. Workers not so much anymore.

So let me get this straight.....

You got to pick THE brisket (for under $3 which blows my mind) AND say "I told you so."!?!?

Mark this day on your calendar! Something to tell the grandkids about!

Someone buy this man a beer!:clap2::clap::thumb::hail:

I'm just jealous you're able to sift through an entire case of primes, and that they're under $3 a pound! I pay that much for a select and there's only one to choose from.

Exactly what I'm saying, Chad!!:drama:

Boo farking hoo, Ninja.:razz:

Fark you farkers and your Costco's that carry prime packers!!!!!!:caked:

I've never even SEEN a prime in person. Best we have is choice at Sam's Club at $3.19/lb.

Work ethics we have arent exactly what others have!

Glad you got it, and look forward to the pics posted......oh yeah, cook a fatty like the misses told you too :)

Very similar to the experience I had at Costco last week while looking for a prime brisket.

Back