• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

pickled eggs

OUT OF ORDER

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
i have made a jar in the last three weeks and tasted them last night and not sure if im doing it right am about to make another batch anyone have a good recipe or ideas the one i did was pretty simple it was pepper corns garlic cloves and white vin. they were good but actually never eaten them before this batch i made so like i said not sure what to expect just feel they should have had some more flavor :icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

thats the post that got me started doing them ive just looked at other recipes and ppl are adding salt sugar and othere stuff just wondering if this works better in pulling in flavor or to each there own on these

We always add about a dozen good sized slices of Jalapeño
and some sliced Beets.
They come out nice and red with very good flavor especially,
with a cold beer.

Weiser

thats the post that got me started doing them ive just looked at other recipes and ppl are adding salt sugar and othere stuff just wondering if this works better in pulling in flavor or to each there own on these

If you want a strong I mean strong pickled flavor clean through. After two weeks put eggs in another jar and pour pure vinegar over them and refrigerate for three more weeks. Your toes will curl when take a bite I gurantee.

Buy a cheap jar of the sliced jap's at the dollar store, dump half the japs out and put the whole bottle of juice and the remaining japs in with the eggs along with some red pepper flakes.

Scott

If you want a strong I mean strong pickled flavor clean through. After two weeks put eggs in another jar and pour pure vinegar over them and refrigerate for three more weeks. Your toes will curl when take a bite I gurantee.
thats all i used was pure white vin:icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

they make some fine farts!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:biggrin:

holy smokes, pickled eggs and chili :icon_devil:icon_devil

anyways, doesn't straight white vinegar kinda makes everything mush,,,,

DSC00863.jpg

ok left is japs,juice,vin,peppercorns,salt,tabasco,minced garlic and right is japs,juice,vin,craked and corn pepper,salt then of course those are blue mountains will let those set for a month and drinkin the beer now so what ya think

I like to use a fresh Japs with seeds. It will give it a nice flavor.

The ones I made you let sit for four weeks and then started testing.

Back