#Insane Clone Posse

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Latest addition to the Left Hand Smoke "Fire it up!" BBQ arsenal!

I call it "#Insane Clone Posse"

The charcoal basket, 22" expanded metal cook grate, tear drop intake downtubes and 2" screw in Exhaust stack are SmokerBuilder.com UDS parts from BBQ Smoker Supply.
I had the intakes and exhaust powder coated, cut a section from a donor drum for the heat shield, added threaded lamp pipe nipples for probe inlets, stainless hardware.

The BBQ Guru adapter is from my Big Green Egg and can be inverted in the tube and secured with the tear drop slider. BBQ Guru now makes an adapter for Gateway cans.

3 grate levels, 4 if I want to set it on the heat shield.

Time to get it greasy!

It's so purty! How is the pricing compared to the "original" :-D

$ :boxing:

Looks perfect!!

I want to do the same thing exactly. Any tips for a newbie? What was the final cost?

You could make one for a lot less than what I spent, and a helluva lot less for a brand name, but thats none of my business! :hand:

I posted a complete burnout, sandblast, build to finished product documentation here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.989344634480018.1073741851.116187658462391&type=3

Cool, I've though of doing the same to see how I'd like that style of cooking before dropping 800 on something polar opposite. I could trade a MJH for a drum and knock 325lbs off the trailer weight just for chicken

Awesome looking drum. I hope to build one this summer.

So that's a heat shield inside around the coal basket? Is that to keep hot coals away from the outside of the drum & make it not so hot to the touch?

Back