Alabama Barbecue Legends Documentary

Man, great find. Too bad I can't watch it now.

Watching later at home.

Chris Lilly just gave me the very reason I need both a traditional cooker like a Klose, and a reverse flow, it's that I need both indirect heat for some things, and a combo cooker, that will cook off my chicken drippings like a reverse flow.

Chris Lilly just gave me the very reason I need both a traditional cooker like a Klose, and a reverse flow, it's that I need both indirect heat for some things, and a combo cooker, that will cook off my chicken drippings like a reverse flow.

landarc is that because the heat passing under the plates in a reverse flow makes the plated hot enough to vaporize the drippings?

Still in the middle of it while I let a Low Country Boil (aka Frogmore Stew) rest on the stove...

I love this man: 39:39 - “I don’t want that sauce to cover up all that work that I’ve been doin’ over there… and if you put too much sugar in it, and you make it too sweet, I could’ve just cook that in the oven and you’d have the same thing."

A little bump so more people can catch this. The documentary does a great job of highlighting the pitmasters and the work they put in to make Alabama barbecue unique.

For me it's a reminder of how big our state is and how far I need to travel to try some more of these places.

Yea this is a first class video! So much good info. Ninja told me something once and it didn't sink in until I watched this but I guess I am a Alabama pitmaster....and never once stepped into the State!

Best thing about this video, and what I hope anyone new to BBQ takes away...all these guys are making a go at BBQ, and they all do it differently. There is always more than one way to get the meat done.

Bump for a pretty cool video. No longer the "Year of Alabama BBQ" but the smoke stays rolling all over this state. Passed by a joint this morning and rolled down the windows to enjoy the sweet smell of hickory.

Back