Honey BBQ Venison Snack Sticks

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Did a small batch of Honey BBQ snack sticks made with 5 pounds of venison and 1.25 pounds of lean pork, then smoked with beech... this is a snack stick full of flavor that should please all!

[FONT=&quot]Second grind using a 4.5mm plate with the seasoning and cure in the sausage.

-----

Stuffed into a 21mm mahogany collagen casing.

-----

Getting some beech smoke...

-----

-----

Thanks for looking![/FONT]

Looks awesome! Do you have any tricks to stuffing small casings? I make summer sausage quite often but small casings I stuggle with.

That's what I'm talking about!!! Yes Sir.

Just got a Jerky Cannon and hoping one of my buddies comes through with some venison (that I know they got)!

Anxious to use the Cannon . . . It will hold about a pound and half and I bought the sausage stuffer attachment so that will make life easier just doing sausage.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/LEM-468-Products-Jerky-Cannon/dp/B000SQFGRS"]Amazon.com: LEM Products Jerky Cannon: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31g5Ybi6XzL.@@AMEPARAM@@31g5Ybi6XzL[/ame]

I love holding the thing - I feel like, like, like, Sausage Warrior!

Looks awesome! Do you have any tricks to stuffing small casings? I make summer sausage quite often but small casings I stuggle with.

We use to have trouble with breakfast links and snack sticks using a 15 pound or 25 pound stuffer, found it to be much easier stuffing these with a 5 pound stuffer.

Those look great. I just bookmarked Owens BBQ going to order some of that honey bbq

Man that looks good. I wish I hunted as I get quite jealous of everyone with lots of venison :-D

Looks real nice! I usually make ours 3:1 venison to pork ratio. It looks like you are roughly 5-1. I might try that ratio next batch and see how they turn out.

These look and sound delicious. But you know, I read the thread title in my head as "Honey Boo Boo Venison Snack Sticks." I'm sure glad I read it wrong … :becky:

Back