Bored

i know you said grilling, but in the winter you will be rewarded by going into bacon production mode. pork bellies are great but you can get them everyday in the store (in the form of bacon). try curing some buckboard bacon or canadian bacon or even pastrami. nothing smells better on winter days and you will not be fighting temperatures as you will only be shooting for 155* internal at about 210*.

i know you said grilling, but in the winter you will be rewarded by going into bacon production mode. pork bellies are great but you can get them everyday in the store (in the form of bacon). try curing some buckboard bacon or canadian bacon or even pastrami. nothing smells better on winter days and you will not be fighting temperatures as you will only be shooting for 155* internal at about 210*.

I've been meaning to look that up. I wasn't aware there was a diff between buckboard and regular bacon.

The only temp problem I've ever had was last Christmas. -5 degrees. I had a guru hooked up to the BGE and the fan froze up.
I don't mind grilling in the cold. I actually grill more in the winter because I seem to have more time. I just need a reason to go out there
and I was getting bored with the same old same.
As usual, the brethren have stepped up and given me the cure.

If I can find it, bone marrow or tri tip this weekend. If not, the beer pepper stout beef and pig shots will grace the grill.

Found some marrow bones but the farkers would cut them in half.
If I done come back on for a bit, it means I lost a digit splitting them.

Back