• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

creamy horseradish sauce

Wrench_H

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anybody got a good creamy horseradish sauce recipe? My brother is cooking for his wife this weekend and asked if I had one. I've never made it, but I'm guessing some good horseradish, sour cream, salt pepper, maybe a little garlic, and maybe a little heavy cream if it's too thick. Thanks for any ideas.

1/2 and 1/2 cups of sour cream and mayo, heaping tbs (or more) prepared horse radish, salt and white pepper to taste, a dash of worstershire and a dash of Franks (or other) hot sauce. Great dip for deep fried mushrooms and other veggies, spread on a roast beef sandwich...

oh - sometimes a tsp of mustard powder or garlic powder or curry or in combination...

Used a recipe similar to deguerre's on brisket sandwiches this summer. Phenomenal.

All of the recipes are great. But for my taste I like coarse ground fresh horse radish. Just gives it a better natural bite. Try them all....Have fun :thumb:

Outback Steakhouse

I use alot more Prepared Horseradish. Very Good.

Outback Steakhouse Tiger Dill Sauce

2/3 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
3 teaspoons Prepared Horseradish
3/4 teaspoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Dill Weed

Procedure
Blend all together and serve with any beef dish.

This is better if let to set overnight.

A little chile powder in the sauce and a dash of ketchup approaches Awesome Blossom / Bloomin Onion sauce. A dash of Chipotle Tobasco sauce is always good too. Just some thoughts.

dmp

I'm told this is the Outback Horsey Sauce for the Bloomin Onion. I've used it on Salmon as well and I think it would be a winner with prime rib.

2/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
1 teaspoon ketchup
3 teaspoons creamy horseradish
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dill weed

I know your asking about horsey sauce. But you should really take a look at creamy wasabi sauce. I like it more than horseradish sauce. Very tasty on just about anything.

you should really take a look at creamy wasabi sauce. I like it more than horseradish sauce.

I'm curious to know if there would be a signifigant difference. Most "Wasabi" in this country is some combination of horsradish root, mustard seed, and green food colouring. If you have a source for real, pure wasabi, please share.

dmp

Try some wasabi paste or cream for a little different taste. You can pick it up at most grocery stores. Or if you have a asian market close you can get freash wasabi root. Careful though. It only takes a bit to give it some bite!

1/2 and 1/2 cups of sour cream and mayo, heaping tbs (or more) prepared horse radish, salt and white pepper to taste, a dash of worstershire and a dash of Franks (or other) hot sauce.

Good Stuff.

Pretty what I do except for the Frank's, and I use a little more sour cream than mayo.

Back