New Toy!

newtwoq

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I got a new toy over the weekend from a guy on Craigslist. He said he had only used it 5 times (but it had some rust which was cleaned up). I got it home and started the seasoning process over again on it. I unfortunately have not had time to cook on it yet and with the weeks activities, it looks like it's going to be Friday before I'm able to do so. But on Friday I plan on making lamb smash burgers with grilled onions, mushrooms, and bacon; I can't wait!

picture.php

[bragging] I stole this thing at $120, well worth it compared to the $99 28's at WM. [/bragging]

I need to get mine out of the box one of these days. Still in the back of the pickup.

Congratulations!

That was definitely a steal. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks on it.

I must say, it was y'alls fault I was even interested in one of these!

I unexpectedly got to run the 36 last night!

On the menu was Italian sausages with all the fixin's. (sorry no pics, was cooking fast and my phone doesn't have a camera at the moment)

I got the green pepper and onion sliced along with half a pound of mushrooms. Grabbed three buns, oil, water, butter, and the sausages, then headed outside.

Got the BS fired up running about 3/4, 1/2, 1/2, 1/4 left to right. Threw my sausages on the left burner and a bit of oil went in the center. On the center I threw my peppers and onions to start cooking. The thought was that I was going to reserve the right for if stuff started happening too quickly I could easily slide things over.

Once the sausages got some color to them, I turned the heat down to 1/3 and covered them with an aluminum pan to cook the centers. About the same time I added my mushrooms. Everything finished about the same time and I slid the veggies over to the right and the sausages to the edge on the left.

I then added butter to the center and toasted my buns. Took everything off and then turned the griddle off. I then used the water in the squirt bottle and a scraper to clean everything off, wiped it down with a paper towel, sprayed PAM, wiped with a paper towel and called it a night.

They came out FANTASTIC! Very similar taste to the ball park, I think I'm in love! So easy to cook the whole meal, such good flavor, so easy to clean up!

One thing of note is that I knew it wasn't sitting perfectly level, but decided to see how it would do. Veggies wanted to run forward slightly and the grease didn't drain well, so that will have to be sorted out. I'm going to have to build something to go under the front legs to even it up.

So happy I found this thing and can't wait to do lamb smash burgers Friday and then bacon and pancakes this weekend.

Good looking grub! Finally fired up my 28" for dinner. Made some Oklahoma onion burgers. Mmmm... Just like the one's I remember having in OKC.

Congrats on that great find! The food looks killer too ;)

I bought a Camp Chef 4 burner recently and I need to use it again soon after seeing your breakfast!

What was your breakfast?
Great pickup

Please, will you guys stop posting these Blackstone pics. Trying very hard to resist and my wife hits hard.

What was your breakfast?
Great pickup

We did hash browns with onions and peppers from scratch (then covered with cheese and jalapenos), bacon, pancakes, homemade whipped cream, fruit, and a little cheese skirt haha.

It was pretty awesome!

Please, will you guys stop posting these Blackstone pics. Trying very hard to resist and my wife hits hard.

Haha I felt the same way you did for the past few months and then fell into this one, just keep an eye on craigslist.

The wife wasn't overly thrilled that I wanted one, then after three cooks she is talking about wanting to learn how to cook on it and coming up with ideas for cooks on it. :biggrin1:

She just keeps saying, "I can't believe how different and good the food tastes off of it."

Back