Sous Vide Appreciation Thread!

I used it to reheat some brisket that wasn't quite tender enough when I first cooked it and it was fantastic. I can't remember what temp I used though. I'd have to look at my notes at home.

A good way to reheat steak is to add a little butter on top and place it in a 250 degree oven for 10 minutes per pound.

I see a whole new main category space for this cooking style here, call it:

On the Sous

Or

Sous on the side
:roll:
Just hinting at its a side note to BBQ cooking here.
Just food for thought

A chef named Sous.

I'm not sure yet, waiting to hear back from them on ideas of whether it's dead dead or just mostly dead. I've had mine since Aug 2014 and used it fairly regularly.

They work well though. This was a tri-tip from a week or two ago. I was about to make a couple more yesterday when it stopped working.

That Tri Tip looks amazing. Can you expound on your recipe, cook times?

Finally bit the bullet and got my anova!!! Got a few NY Strips and some chicken just dying to take a bath

Soud vide does a lot to top round

After an afternoon in water i used the griddle to whip up these. A cheap cut for any roast beef hogie

That Tri Tip looks amazing. Can you expound on your recipe, cook times?

I used a Kansas City Steak rub I picked up at Restaurant Depot, then sous vide them at 130 for 4-5 hours. After I pulled them from the bags I patted them dry and seared them for about 30-60sec per side on my Weber.

KC strip for 7 hours at 130. I experimented by seasoning with Carne Crosta and salt before bagging. I also thought I'd give the Brussels sprouts a try. They were bagged with butter and put in the bath for one hour. Then I gave them a pretty hard saute for a bit of caramelization. Both turned out fantastic.

My daughter gave me a Gourmia sous vide cooker for Christmas. Now to decide what to make with it first.

Ok. I have two 16-oz boneless ribeyes to try out this afternoon/evening.

I got the same one for Xmas. My first cook was a London broil 131 for 4 1/2hrs. Then seared. Went alittle to long on the sear but overall was amazing

If you don't have a hotter/faster way to sear, try a few minutes in an ice bath to cool the outer 1/4" or so of the meat and keep it from overcooking.

For Valentine's day I did a 45 day aged prime ribeye cooked 129 for 2 hours then sear in CI.
Server with it was hassleback potatoes, roasted sprouts/fennel, and french onion soup.

32113715534_3528bc0f79_b.jpg

Back