My New Weapon

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have been looking for a 2nd smoker since I am running out of cooking space on the stickburner. The guy who built my offset had a great deal on this cabinet smoker and he offered to let me give it a test drive. I am going to cook on it next week but I fired her up yesterday and I am really liking it. 5-10 degree difference from top rack to bottom rack and its been holding temps really well. It has a 7 gallon built in water reservoir, but I was hoping to just run it dry. I wasn't sure if I needed to add sand or can I just leave a foil pan in there to collect grease? We will see how she cooks next week, but I think I already fell in love.

021-5.jpg

023-4.jpg

024-5.jpg

Invited some friends over to help fire up the pit....I really liked the Pliny Elder.
030-2.jpg

Nice smoker! I see the pit boss is dressed for the occasion and ready to delegate:thumb:

Who's the builder? Should get them added to the pit builders list, it's suspiciously devoid of CA-based builders.

Who's the builder? Should get them added to the pit builders list, it's suspiciously devoid of CA-based builders.

His name is Rueben, lives in Victorville. He also built Norcorednecks trailer smoker. Great work at a great price. I was ready to drive to Texas for a BBQ until I found him.

I hope your fridge was just opened. Great looking smoker. Can't wait to see some great pron from it.

Sweet looking smoker....and some great beers there too!
"Ye shall know the bastard, and the bastard shall set you free"

Nice pit, cute kiddo, but you're really making me jealous with the Pliny The Elder! That is some goooooddd stuff! I wish I could get it around here!

Don't run it dry... use the water. Your result will be better. What's he charging for those?

That's a nice pit Daniel, Ruben does some fine work. I'd try it once with and once without water for comparison.

BTW If you haven't had it yet try to get your hands on Stone's new Lucky Bastard. I don't know how they did it but it is based on the ingredients from arrogant, oaked and double arrogant...IMO its Stone's best release to date and has become my new favorite.

Cool pit, I'm pretty sure I've seen that guy advertising on CL. I'm jealous!

Also, nice beer choices. :thumb:

Nice pit, cute kiddo, but you're really making me jealous with the Pliny The Elder! That is some goooooddd stuff! I wish I could get it around here!

I drank the Pliny last since it was highest in alcohol, and I was a bit worried that it would be outshined by the super hoppy Stone beers, but NO, Pliny was big, bold and my favorite of the bunch.

Don't run it dry... use the water. Your result will be better. What's he charging for those?

I paid $1200 for this one used.

That's a nice pit Daniel, Ruben does some fine work. I'd try it once with and once without water for comparison.

BTW If you haven't had it yet try to get your hands on Stone's new Lucky Bastard. I don't know how they did it but it is based on the ingredients from arrogant, oaked and double arrogant...IMO its Stone's best release to date and has become my new favorite.

Tried the Lucky Bastard a couple weeks back and loved it. I have yet to try the oaked arrogant....gotta try that.

Back