Rogue Beer Brats on Garlic Rolls w/ Spatzel

Grimm5577

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok sorry It's not cooked on a grill, Was planned too but it's pouring here. So anyway...

I made some “Rogue Brats” It was my first time making a beef based sausage. The majority of the meat was beef, then some pork, pork fat, cheddar, blue cheese, seasoned as a brat with some chorizo spice. Yes WTF are these things, beef based, spicy, cheesy, brats?. Hence the name the Rogue Brat.
The players:

IMG_8092.jpg

Home made Rogue Brats, Peppers, Onions, and a German Dunkel Beer. I started with 4 Beers, 2 cups chicken broth, one onion, and a head of garlic (crushed). I let it boil for a few to partially cook the onions, then let it cool to 150 degrees and then put the Rogue Brats in.

IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8099.jpg

After the swim in the onions and Dunkel they got a good grill in my cast iron skillet.

IMG_8100.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

Meanwhile I had some rolls toasting for garlic bread, and some spatzel and butter cooking to create a great meal. I topped the sandwiches with some sautéed green peppers and onions.

IMG_8103.jpg

Served with some River Horse Hippolantern Imperial Pumpkin Beer.

IMG_8104.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

Thanks.

Dude, where exactly are you in Bucks County? I need to find your house ASAP. :thumb: Farking call me next time will ya?

Also, this past weekend I found a great place for a brethren bash. We really should get on that.

Dude, where exactly are you in Bucks County? I need to find your house ASAP. :thumb: Farking call me next time will ya?

Also, this past weekend I found a great place for a brethren bash. We really should get on that.

haha next time fingerlickin next time!

PM me about the location and maybe we can set up an northeast brethren bash.

Love rogues dead guy ale... How was the pumpkin??? Damn fine looking links... How did the blue cheese react to the cooking??? Was it high temp??

Love rogues dead guy ale... How was the pumpkin??? Damn fine looking links... How did the blue cheese react to the cooking??? Was it high temp??

I like quite a few rogue beers, their Captn Sig's Northwestern Ale is one of my all time favorites. The pumpkin is good, one of the better ones I think, I don't like the all spiced flavor of many pumplin beers. Both the cheeses were high temp and cooked great, they were nice and oozey.

Well, here's an extra :thumb: for the spätzle! Love the stuff. I went to UW-Madison and got hooked on Sheboygan brats. REALLY good. But I'd hit your rogues in a heartbeat!

Back