• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Steven Raichlen

You're lucky, there's a Harry Potter marathon going on my TV! I assume you're watching Project Smoke, he cooks a pretty wide variety of foods on a large range of equipment doesn't he! Enjoy the viewing!

That'd be great if you can stand watching him...
Ed

I don't flip the station when BBQ is involved. I do like Steven even though the hair and the fact that he reacts the same mmm for every bite of his food he takes. There are only a few food show people I will flip the station on. Rachael Raye is one...unless she was cooking on the BBQ!

That'd be great if you can stand watching him...
Ed

When the Mrs and me are at the lake for a weekend and he is on Sunday morning PBS, I love to watch and tell her that while he might be a decent grill master, he could use some lessons on Qing.

Then again, there's not much selection on TV there.

His show is a chance to see a number of cookers in operation. He's no worse than most TV celebs, and the scenery is nice.

Yeah, I DVR his shows but have a hard time watching them. His knowledge seems broad but superficial, and his delivery is dull. I would prefer a host with a bit more personality/insanity or one who has truly a master at their craft.

Yeah, I DVR his shows but have a hard time watching them. His knowledge seems broad but superficial, and his delivery is dull. I would prefer a host with a bit more personality/insanity or one who has truly a master at their craft.
His shows have a flavor of, "If this guy can do it, so can I!"

I have a tough time watching them too. My chief complaint is that he never shares measurements of the ingredients if you wanted to re-create the dish and I find many of the recipes too frilly or exotic for my liking.

I have a tough time watching them too. My chief complaint is that he never shares measurements of the ingredients if you wanted to re-create the dish and I find many of the recipes too frilly or exotic for my liking.

Yeah.
I once saw him soak a bowl of wood chips with a bottle of red wine... for flavor.
Right.

This is true for many cooks here, also. At least here, you can ask questions. For example, I needed to know how big "one "thumb sized" piece of fresh ginger peeled and minced" was in one of Cowgirl's cooks. She was kind about it, as I remember.

I agree with you about frilly! He tends to use a lot of out of the box ideas and things that I won't have at home. As far as Ingredients he uses, I think you can go find the majority of his recipes online...if that is your thing.

I love to hate this guy he his all the toys.

We narrate this show like mystery science theater!!. Everything is brand spanking new. Everything! Clothes and all. Lol. Wish I had that much hair. Might comb it different. :loco:

20160625_144724_zpsrrqoxcvd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
He's a nice guy to sit and talk to.
We're in Wichita at All Things BBQ after one of his cooking classes.
He took the time to sign all the books I brought (BBQ Bible, etc...)

I saw a couple of his shows this weekend and was going to post about it. He still soaks some chips :) He did a fatty on the episode I saw and looked like he did a pretty good job. Seems he might have taken a BBQ class recently. :)

Back