cans of soda

tomrip

Reaction score
hello all, i am doign my first gig that also wants drinks provided. I have bought 465 cans at .33 cents a can. What would you guys mark them up to?

I'd go with the quick and easy $1.
If you don't mind dealing with the change you could do 75 cents. Most soda machines seem to be 60-90 cents for a can of soda these days.

Since its a gig you probably get the money up front and won't have to deal with individual sales. At that point you wrap them in a 1.50 a can. If you have to deal with each sale than using quarters becomes the issue. If you are the only show in town I would sell $2 a can, maybe do a 3 for 5$ as well, and i promise you will sell out. Just make sure you don't have competition and if you do price accordingly.

thanks for the replies. i forgot to mention it is a catering gig. 217 people for a company party. so it will be one fee for all food and sodas.

We also charge $1 for most of our festival events where we have other vendors. In the few that we have an exclusive on the event with no food competition we bump it to $2. Hey, we have a captive audience.......and they get thirsty...... :mrgreen:

We did an event a few weeks back and had cans of soda. We set the price at 0.75 per can. It was recommended by other vendors to raise our price to a $1.00 in the future but recommended that we did not raise them at that particular event since we were already open for business and had 0.75 listed on our menu board. They said changing prices on site raises questions. I thought it was great advice.

$1.30 all day. 25% food cost = profits.

Back