• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

• Official/Unofficial neglected Grill/smoker thread

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know you all or most of you anyways have a neglected smoker or grill pitched down somewhere. So go take a walk out to the back fence with the camera and snap a shot of it and give the poor thing a couple minutes of fame once again...

Here's mine. (you dont HAVE to explain how the poor thing came to be in that condition you mean farker... but a good story's always fun.)

This is what it USED to be:
IMG_5973.jpg

Screenshot_110.jpg

This is it's current state: :tsk::shock::icon_blush:
81882057.jpg

Had to get rid of some old magazines... I thought I'd burn them... :doh: I KNOW I KNOW... I'm a bad person!

So c'mon guys I know I can't be the only grill abuser here.

To my smoker: "I'm sorry! I'll try fix you up as soon as I have time..." :roll::tsk:

Cheers.

Phrasty!!! How could you???:scared:

I can't get myself to share a picture of my trusty old Bandera - nor can I get rid of her. She GOT me here...(sniff)...but she's used up and imploding because of internal rust. I love her and I just can't get rid of her - neither from my patio or my signature block. :icon_blush:

I know it's sad but as a tribute... In all their rusted "experienced" glory... post a pic guys. It's sad... but we all know it happens. :oops:

Cheers

All of my old ones I have given away while they were still usable, so someone else could enjoy them for a while. All, that is, except for my old Weber kettles that I would use until the bottoms rusted out. I just threw those into the trash.
Of course, I could kick myself now for not saving the lids and grates for building UDS units..

picture.php

Phrasty, help the poor thing out. It looks lonely.

My most neglected right now is my 18.5" kettle. The Smokey Joe has been the go to grill when I want to cook something on week nights.

A little work with a wire brush, sandpaper, and a can of spray paint! Come on you can save her :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: I am rooting for you!!!!

The only use my Weber 18" OTS has seen in the past two years is to hold the chimney while I was lighting coals for my WSM. My Platinum and Genesis have been getting all of the grilling action.

Back