• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork Experiment

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm off today so I am doing some more experiments. Today experiment is pork and lump. I want to see how long my bullet smoker will hold temp with lump as a heat source. I am also doing a mustard vs. worchestershire sauce experiment on a couple of butts. Here are some pics:

Smoker loaded with lump and some hickory

smoker_loaded.jpg

I lit a few briquettes in a chimney to get the party started

chimney_started.jpg

I dumped in the hot coals and got things started

Hot_coals_added.jpg

In the meantime, I rubbed two butts, big one with mustard, small one with Worchestershire.

butts_rubbed.jpg

I also decided to make some armadillo eggs.

making_eggs.jpg

Once the pit came up to temp, I put all of the meat on.

butts_on.jpg

I put the meat on at 9am and except for a temp spike early on, it has been holding steady between 210 and 230 for 4 hours. I stirred the coals once in that time.

I just pulled off one of the eggs. Wanna see?

egg_done.jpg

egg_done2.jpg

Comments so far?

Now I'm hungry again. Looks good, Mista!

Looking like rain outside, I come in from lunch, and the 1st thing I spot on the computer????

Thanks

Ther's water in the waterpan. And a few cheese drippings...

Looks good, Mista- you farker. Burn ban is killin' me!

Why'd you use briqs in the chimney? Is your fire bowl vented?

VitaminQ said:
Looks good, Mista- you farker. Burn ban is killin' me!

Why'd you use briqs in the chimney? Is your fire bowl vented?

Somebody gave me some farkin Match light. Figured that was a good way to get rid of it.

There are a couple of holes in the bottom although they weren't originally for vents. This was an electric smoker. I just removed the electrical unit and burn coals in it now.

I've done a few fatties, and thought about stuffing them... now I know I have to do it... I had wings not long ago, but now I'm hungry again.

Man the stuffed fatty was good! I'm trying to wait until my teammates comeover before I cut the one with the salsa, cheese and japs in it. Suspense is killing me.

Bigmista said:
Man the stuffed fatty was good! I'm trying to wait until my teammates comeover before I cut the one with the salsa, cheese and japs in it. Suspense is killing me.

I would have thought about pico de gallo before salsa. Report back on results.

Dam Mista!! You know how to make a guy hungry. Im playing Mr Mom tonight and we're doing leftover pizza. Sucks. No Olympics to watch; no beer to drink, makes Mark a dull boy.

Mista thanks for the pics. after reading tiggers link on horse penis food, I knew you'd hook me up. im hungry again!

Damn neil. It's 8:35 at night an d I haven't had dinner yet. Ya Fark. Now I gotta go get some Q.

Sorry. I'll never take another pic.

At least not until the pork is done...

Bigmista said:

You got a BBQ Eating Team?

I'm jealous.

So how did the bullet smoker hold temp? I think all that lump would have made your temps spike.

You better keep the pictures coming some of us in the great white north are living vicariously through those pictures. Thanks and don't stop now the cold turkey would be in great pain! GRiN

Back