Louisiana Cut Spareribs!!! Pron!

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well thats what I'm gonna call em! ;b I'm sure its been done but I've never seen it.

No pics of the prep process but it was pretty simple. Standard removing the membrane, and removing the breast bone, heres where it got different. Instead of cutting the brisket(rib tips) off I cut it in between each bone. I didn't cut the rib section just the rib tip section.

Seasoned one with coarse sea salt and coarse black pepper, and the other with Tony's. Onto the drum at 225* cranked the heat up to 325* after 1.5 hours. One hour later here they are done.

uploadfromtaptalk1307042755961.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1307042839782.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1307042900547.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1307042944020.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1307042979412.jpg

Plated up with some green beans and low carb Mac and Cheese.

uploadfromtaptalk1307043166650.jpg

The moment of truth.

uploadfromtaptalk1307043231398.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1307043272460.jpg

These came out really great. The idea was to cut down on cooking time and render the fat out of the rib tip section. It worked like a charm! Unless Its for a comp I may never make a St Louis trim again!

No more figuring out what to do with the rib tips!

Thanks Brother!

Only problem now is that I'm stuffed after four ribs!

They look awesome. Send the rest my way, I will finish them off! :thumb:

that looks cool!! I am going to try that with my next ribs:thumb:

Dang, forgot them Loo Zee Anna tigers had extra fingers. :doh: They be tough. That's why I'm always afraid when them elephants play em.

HAHA well, I'm sure we can at least agree when it comes to those other Tigers in the SEC!!!

They do look good...except they look like Bigfoot's foot :wacko:

They do look good...except they look like Bigfoot's foot :wacko:

Yeah a bit odd looking, but those "toes" were nice and crunchy on the outside, and still juicy inside.

Best part is that even with the Mac & Cheese that whole plate had less than 10 carbs on it!

HAHA well, I'm sure we can at least agree when it comes to those other Tigers in the SEC!!!

What other tigers?:becky: Oh, you mean those war damn eagles?:becky::becky::becky:

There's only ONE real tiger in the SEC. That would be the Baton Rouge variety.:thumb::thumb:

Back