Enjoying a cook with the "Grand Poohbah"

Stingerhook

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Phil "BBQChef33" was in my hood for the last week.
Brought over my UDS for him to use and the rest was all his.
Phil in all his glory in the kitchen.

Some ABT'S

Some ribs

Some Moinks

Brisket

It was a pleasure to meet Phil and his family. Lookin forward to seeing him again.

My guess is Phil has a bed to sleep in no matter where he goes. That looks like good grub.

I love the shirt!

Phil needs to come to SoCal methinks. :hungry:

I like the long skewer through multiple ABT's - great idea. :thumb:

This was an awesome time. Moms getting up in the years at 94 and all those years are now starting to take its toll. I havent had a chance to visit so I came down solo for a week. Dealing with her and her sisters, all 85 and up allowed limited time and stinger was real patient in my inability to nail down some free time. In the small world we live in, we found he lives in the same neighborhood as my cousin(about a 5 minute walk) and only 8 miles from Mom. He dropped off a UDS for us to use on saturday night and then we had a BBQ feast with my mom, her sister and our family on Sunday. Stinger and his awesome wife joined us for a great(and special) day for the moms. The oldies loved the BBQ and even though the ribs were stubborn and tightened up waiting to be eaten, none of them came back with a set of dentures on them as expected.

marty, thanks for helping to show my mom who The Brethren are, and also a big thanks to the others who offered up time or equipment.. We had a really full week running to drs and apppointments and it was difficult to catch a break.

marty, your patience was appreciated and all you offered.. THANK YOU! Mom was asking for leftovers today.. but we forgot the doggie bag at my cousins house.

heres Stingerhook, Mom, and Aunt Lilly.

Attachments

• stinger.jpg
    stinger.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 504
Hmmm... Someone sucking up to the boss...

<kidding> Seriously, sounds like a really nice thing to do and a good time was had by all. Nice job Stinger and good job Phil...

That's not Phil, the shirt in the pics has sleeves! Imposter!!!

Looks like some good eats and even better people.

Thanks for the pics and it sure is nice to see the Brethren get together and help out.

Oh and glad to hear all the teeth stayed in :laugh:

The food looked really farkin good

Indeed, Phil is a great cook!:thumb:

This is a great thread. Love the tie in to brethren sharing, and family.:clap:

Back