• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I need help with this BBQ Pit!!

ace6949

Reaction score
I recently found this grill for sale on Craigslist in Dallas. The problem is that I live in Iowa. I've tried emailing him to get some info on it but he hasn't written me back. It's basically a Santa Maria style pit with a roasting box. I don't know if it was custom made but if not I'm trying to find out who manufactures them because it's just beautiful. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• vaquero grill.jpg
    vaquero grill.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 338
  • vaquero grill 2.jpg
    vaquero grill 2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 336
Ok, I was able to do some more homework on these bad boys tonight. They are S. American style Atauds, or Coffin Roasters. I've found a few sites that I can order them from but I don't know yet if they ship to the U.S. To me they seem like a combination of a Chinese roasting box and The Grillery ( Grillworks). Maybe I'm the only one that likes them, I don't know. But you know how your eyes light up when you find that shiny new toy you want? Yeah, right here...

I've seen those ads locally. It looks interesting, but as windy as it gets here sometimes I don't know that I'm fan of the shallow fire box. Seems like a great way to blow ashes and sparks all over my back yard. Plus I've got nowhere to put one to keep the rain off.

If you've got a good covered patio, it would be a fun toy to play with.

Thanks a LOT!!!!

Juuuust what I needed. I've been fighting off urges alllll week to keep from buying a new gun and a new camera.....now a new cool looking smoker/grill/oven.

If you only knew how much time I spend going over pros, cons, prices and reviews on any purchase I make in my "zones" (guns, cameras, knives, cars,bbq equipment).....you'd never stop shaking your head.:tsk::tsk:

But, that sure is a neat little cooker!!!

Back