Yield on quarters vs boneless thighs?

cpw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We're vending an event next week and was planning on doing pulled chicken as a choice of meat. I got prices today of $1.47 per pound on boneless thighs (not certain if they're skinless) and $.71 for quarters.

So based on those numbers, is it worth paying the extra for the boneless thighs? I don't know what the yield is on a chicken quarter, and I'm not terribly concerned about the time it'll take to pull the quarters.

Thanks!

We just did pulled chicken for a wedding reception for 100. I'm lazy so I would just do the thighs if I had to do it again. It wasn't much fun, and I am just now getting feeling back in my fingertips. If you want to throw some white meat in there for presentation and texture I would get some split chicken breasts and pull those to mix in with it. Just my humble lazy opinion though.

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
I did a fundraiser for my work last week and it was on a much smaller scale, I did 3 half pans of pulled chicken and used boneless skinless thighs

there was not much loss but one work of caution

watch out for small bones!

We found some, real glad we did. So check them over real careful if you go that route

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
Back