BGE Beer Bread...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I picked up a box of Trader Joe's Beer Bread Mix the other day and decided to give it a shot on the BGE...

Ingredients and instructions are pretty simple...mix, beer, butter, BGE...:cool:

BGEBeerBread013.jpg

BGEBeerBread026.jpg

Baking dish all greased up...

BGEBeerBread025.jpg

Gotta love the butter melt button on the microwave...

BGEBeerBread023.jpg

Butter on top...

BGEBeerBread027.jpg

On the BGE...

BGEBeerBread028.jpg

390 dome...370 grate...

BGEBeerBread036.jpg

45 minutes later...almost there...

BGEBeerBread041.jpg

Cooling on the rack...

BGEBeerBread044.jpg

Where there's smoke...there's Jake...:biggrin:

BGEBeerBread029.jpg

I'll take a couple of slice pics when it cools...it smells awesome! :p

Can't wait to hear how it turned out. I've got that same loaf pan just dying to be used in the BGE.

Nice !!!

I just had beer bread for the first time at a holiday party the other day.. It was really good... I have no idea if it was from a box mix though but it looks very similar..

Here's the finished product...dayum it's good! :biggrin:

BGEBeerBread053.jpg

BGEBeerBread055.jpg

It'll go great with the tri-tip roasts that are on the BGE as I type...but that's another thread...:cool:

Wow that bread looks great and it's gota be light after all you used a "Silver Bullet".

It looks great JD!!

I can't believe beer bread comes in a box!! :eek::-D If you want to make your own, it's really easy.

3 cups of self rising flour
1 beer
1/4 cup of sugar and a little bit of salt.

Your looks danged tasty. :wink:

It looks great JD!!

I can't believe beer bread comes in a box!! :eek::-D If you want to make your own, it's really easy.

1 beer

Thanks Jeanie...I'll give your recipe a try next time and save a few bucks! :p

It looks great JD!!

1 beer

Yes, things come in boxes in places that have indoor plumbing and electricity... :twisted:

Does the recipe call for a light beer? I'm wondering how it would turn out of you used a nice amber or brown ale.

My wife took my "Artisan Bread in 5 minutes" book and is going wild with it. I'm lovin it. I brought a piece of sourdough to work today. Maybe I'll try and get her out on the BGE to try a few recipes.

Thanks

Does the recipe call for a light beer? I'm wondering how it would turn out of you used a nice amber or brown ale.

I've cooked with a lot of different beers, just make sure it's carbonated and not nitrogen. The CO2 is the key to the beer/bread interaction. I used a Guinness once...it worked-ish.

Might I suggest Jeanie's recipe, an extra cup of sugar, use whole wheat instead of regular white flour, and a strong porter.

Yes, things come in boxes in places that have indoor plumbing and electricity... :twisted:

:lol: I am going to look for the boxed mix to try... shoot.. I make cakes from scratch. :biggrin: If ya have the ingredients on hand, why go out and buy the same ingredients in a box? (I know, it saves time. :wink:)

I've cooked with a lot of different beers, just make sure it's carbonated and not nitrogen. The CO2 is the key to the beer/bread interaction. I used a Guinness once...it worked-ish.

Might I suggest Jeanie's recipe, an extra cup of sugar, use whole wheat instead of regular white flour, and a strong porter.

Jburt is right, you can adjust the sugar to suit your tastes. I'm just not fond of the sweeter bread but others might be! :wink:

It looks great JD!!

1 beer

JD looks great we have a TJ about 4 miles from us... Hmm Cowgirl might have to try yours too.. Bet they are both great.

My wife took my "Artisan Bread in 5 minutes" book and is going wild with it. I'm lovin it. I brought a piece of sourdough to work today. Maybe I'll try and get her out on the BGE to try a few recipes.

Thanks

It was what I had in the fridge...:cool: I have the same book...love it! :p

:lol: I am going to look for the boxed mix to try... shoot.. I make cakes from scratch. :biggrin: If ya have the ingredients on hand, why go out and buy the same ingredients in a box? (I know, it saves time. :wink:)

Jburt is right, you can adjust the sugar to suit your tastes. I'm just not fond of the sweeter bread but others might be! :wink:

Make your own Jeanie...store bought stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be...too much extra crap tossed in that doesn't need to be there. Rhana and I were in TJ's picking up some wines and came across it...normally we make from scratch as well. :cool:

Do you use all purpose flour in your recipe?

Make your own Jeanie...store bought stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be...too much extra crap tossed in that doesn't need to be there. Rhana and I were in TJ's picking up some wines and came across it...normally we make from scratch as well. :cool:

Do you use all purpose flour in your recipe?

JD, I use self rising flour.... LOL... You can buy it or I have the recipe for that too. :redface::biggrin:

I made a loaf of a similar beer bread on Sunday. Baked it in the oven though, was super tasty. Couldn't believe how easy and good it was.

Back