R U a Leftover Pig?!

Brew-Bq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I dont know about you, but I cant stand to see any leftover food go to waste. This leads to many odd combinations and some crazy hashes that earn me the sideways glance from the wife and kids. Tonight was a rather tame hash of smoked hamburger, pulled pork, chicken breast, sauteed onions, spinach and my favorite BBQ sauce toped withcrushed red pepper. Oh and I added some Mojo marinade. My other favorites are whatever leftovers I have fried up w breakfast potatoes and eggs.

Last edited:
Sounds normal to me. My family makes fun of my creations. I just keep adding ingredients until it tastes right.:mrgreen:

Yes I am at times. I had left over brisket, steak, and polish sausage added eggs, onions, peppers and cheese, chives tomatoes lettuce it was good

Some pork stock, ground up leftover pork, and some cornmeal makes some mighty fine scrapple!

I ... Was just dipping cold stuffed pork loin in sriracha for a snack...

1st giant flour tort w/ row of pulled pork (or beef )

EndAug2012Wok085.jpg

2nd Tater salad....
( I'm using deep fried tater salad )

EndAug2012Wok087.jpg

Cut...& enjoy !!!

EndAug2012Wok092.jpg

Very nice!
Normally all leftovers get turned into tacos in my house.

Tacos are my go to when I want to "disguise" leftovers to feed the kids. A little fresh hamburger cooked with enough chilli powder and I can sneak lots of stuff in there. Same goes for burritos. Funny thing about the leftover smoked hamburger was I had it from last weekends Scout campout. 12 yo scout sees my Pit Barrel cooking away on a chicken and asked me if I could cook his sloppy joes for him I figured he had some premade stuff to heat up. Nope, his mom sent him w a ziplock full of raw hamburger and a can of sauce but no cooking utensils. I took his hamburger and made two big patties and threw it on the PBC. when it was done he heated his sauce on a sterno stove and mashed one of the smoked burgers into it. Bet it was good! He couldn't eat the other one so I took it home. Chicken was tasty by the way.

Yes. We often times put a menagerie of leftovers on a crust and make "pizza." Sometimes we'll get some won ton wrappers and have a leftover fridge egg roll night!

We come up with all different types of food with leftovers. We try to do use them all or at least freeze it. Waste not want not.

i do this all the time!!! i try to get equal parts meat, starch and vegetables then chop them into uniform sized pieces, brown in oil, melt cheese on it and hit it with some franks hot sauce. it's up to us to efficiently use the food source! sometimes i will also put all the pieces of leftovers in a little pancake batter and spread it out on the waffle iron and make some "stuffed waffles"!

Last night's dinner:

Pulled venison burrito with leftover fried potatoes and pickled carrots and radishes.

Added a little BBQ suce, siracha, and a touch of sour cream.

You can't buy food like that!

I catch a lot of hell from the ladies of the house, but my thought on leftovers is to heat and then assemble in a tortilla for a dinner. I will make a burrito out of pretty much any combination of leftover food, especially bbq. Maybe I was just a bachelor for too long and can't shake the habit.

I'm relatively tame when I eat leftovers, they become my lunches for the week at work. I won't leave them in the fridge at home because no one will eat them and then they get thrown out. Saves me a ton of money as well. Just had my third lunch of corned beef and potatoes this week.

Back