Cooking Class Tenacious Q School!!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hello Brethren. I am happy to announce that we (Tenacious Q) are doing 3 competition schools coming up relatively soon. This has been a crazy awesome year winning 2 GC's, 2 RGC's, 1st Place Category Calls in all meats including a 180 in Ribs and attending both the Royal and the Jack. We had some teams ask when we were "doing a class" and had enough interest to finally decide and teach our techniques and flavors to help others improve.

Highlights and dates are below, but these will all be Saturday/Sunday classes. We want to be a little different and keep the class size small to about 10 attendees in each class. I always enjoyed learning in small groups. As of right now, after announcing on FB a few weeks ago, both December and January are 50% full.

Please send me any questions here or you can email directly to jasonbishop1@gmail.com. My wife Erin and I are ridiculously excited for classes to begin :becky:.

School Highlights

• Cost is $300
  • This will be a full KCBS course including Chicken (Thighs & Legs), Ribs, Pork and Brisket.
  • We will cover our meat selection process along with trimming, rubs, sauces and injections.
  • Cooking technique will be covered thoroughly and recipes will be given. No secrets :-D.
  • Final box presentation and tasting of all meats will be experienced.
  • Class will end around 3pm Sunday, but we will stay and talk till every question is answered and all attendees are happy.
Last, but not least since so many of our friends on FB asked for us to provide or it would be a deal breaker :biggrin1:............Yes, we will be serving the multi-180 award winning and now 1st Place Perfect Perfect 2014 American Royal Dessert that Erin makes (Pecan Pie Cheesecake).

Tenacious Q School Applications

December 13-14
January 10-11
February 21-22

Yup, I'm game for the February class. I'll book just as soon as we finish this move.

Oh, you really need to get the cheesecake class on the calendar... I dreamed about Erin's balls again last night! :)

Yup, I'm game for the February class. I'll book just as soon as we finish this move.

Oh, you really need to get the cheesecake class on the calendar... I dreamed about Erin's balls again last night! :)

Yeah the cheesecake balls in addition to the slices are what makes it awesome. She has converted many non-cheesecake folks :-D.

See ya in Feb, but I know I'll see ya sooner.

Here's a few answers to questions folks have asked that I figured I would post.

-If these 3 classes fill up, which at this rate it looks like they will, we can add another class in February or March :grin:.
-Class will start on Saturday at 2pm and go till about 7pm.
-We will be indoors for 90% of the class. Going outside to put meat on/take meat off of course.
-We will be providing dinner on Saturday night and breakfast on Saturday morning.
-There are plenty of hotels in Lawrenceville and I have a few to recommend that are only a few miles away. Also lots of malls, movie theaters, etc. Lawrenceville is big and lots to do around town. Only 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta where the Aquarium, World of Coke and lots more.

Thanks so much for all the questions/emails and for the 2 that signed up for February :becky:!

Last edited:
Tenacious School updates :-D!

We have only 3 spots left for each December and January. There are a few folks that messaged me about those dates so please get your applications in soon :mrgreen:.

Erin did take another 1st place this weekend with her dessert in Lakeland :becky:. Thanks for everyone signing up!!

Tenacious Q School Applications (Click Dates)
December 13-1
January 10-11
February 21-22

Quick Bump for an Update! It was great seeing so many people in Cumming this weekend. Talked to some more folks about the class and had a few more sign up at the competition :).

As of right now we are down to our final 2 spots for each December and January with the sign ups we had over the weekend and a few folks who said they would be sending in applications soon. So please get your applications in as quick as you can if those were the months you preferred. Less than 3 weeks till our December class. Still room in February too. Shoot me an email (jasonbishop1@gmail.com) or message me here with any questions.

As always thank you so much. Oh and Erin did manage another 180 in Dessert this weekend!!

Here are the application links and I can email the application too if you needed.
December 13-14
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2vjkM3V5RAUEhhV3ExTF84RWc/view?usp=sharing

January 10-11
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2vjkM3V5RAdzl0QXdXWmg5ZDQ/view?usp=sharing

February 21-22
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2vjkM3V5RAeDNsUWx1dGxQeWM/view?usp=sharing

Very quick update. January just filled up after that last post today :-D!

So 2 spots left for December (13-14) and spots open in February (21-22) too.

Update:

Down to our last 4 spots for February! First come first serve. January is of course full. I know things are busy around the holidays, but wanted to keep those that have messaged me posted. Thanks everyone.

Update:

Down to our last 4 spots for February! First come first serve. January is of course full. I know things are busy around the holidays, but wanted to keep those that have messaged me posted. Thanks everyone.

How did the 1st class go? I am looking forward to making the trip down to the class in Febuary and picking up the new Deep South Smoker all in the same weekend.

How did the 1st class go? I am looking forward to making the trip down to the class in Febuary and picking up the new Deep South Smoker all in the same weekend.

It was so much fun and everyone had a great time. Weather was still pretty warm down here luckily and just about perfect for smoking. Already looking forward to our January class. Supposed to get a few more Feb applications before the year is out so that class should lock up soon too :becky::clap2:.

See ya in February!

Back