Sesame Encrusted Char Siu Pork Loin Roast on the Roto

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey all! I came up with this for dinner last night. I actually wanted to make this for the "I am the Creator" throwdown, but time just simply ran out:mad:. On the flip side, I can enter it in the "I'd Hit That" throwdown, right?:razz:

Throwdown thread here; http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229361

I had ordered a Kurobuta Prime Rib of Pork from SRF, great product! Anyway, I cut it up into a few chops and a couple of small roasts. So........the players;
DSC_0223_zpszkfftuar.jpg

I made the same marinade I use for my Char Siu pork out of the ingredients above. A closer look;
DSC_0225_zpsn2lzqmw3.jpg

A couple shots after 24 hours in the marinade;
DSC_0228_zpsuuvtxqlh.jpg

DSC_0229_zpswn2w9cmb.jpg

On the rotisserie;
DSC_0231_zpsz59sqxgi.jpg

DSC_0236_zpseuht5ziz.jpg

While this was cruising, I made a honey mustard glaze out of;
DSC_0226_zpswpwvtxni.jpg

reserving the sesame seeds. After about an hour at 350-375;
DSC_0239_zpsdwkbwoow.jpg

DSC_0242_zpsonywnbnk.jpg

DSC_0248_zpsd7bbzzw0.jpg

Over about the next 30 minutes I brushed on a few coats of the glaze, and let it set up a bit, then added the sesame seeds to roast for a few minutes.
DSC_0255_zpsjvalnfgr.jpg

DSC_0256_zpsoc8x1ijs.jpg

I kinda overshot the IT a bit, it was around 150 when I pulled it to rest.
DSC_0263_zpsgcvqo5sq.jpg

Whipped up some salad and Broccolette to go along while the roast rested, then sliced.
DSC_0266_zpsv2isnxgx.jpg

DSC_0265_zpsh1z84q7c.jpg

A couple of plate shots;
DSC_0270_zpsijzk07zg.jpg

DSC_0271_zps0siysh0b.jpg

DSC_0273_zpshr6ecsme.jpg

This turned out fabulous. My daughter-in-law tasted it and said it reminded her of Chinese pork and mustard, which was exactly the nuance I was looking for :razz:. And it was tender, juicy and very tasty.

Thanks for looking all!

KC

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for the great feedback all!

Murder! Marinade recipe?

Looks great KC. Basic recipe?

Hmmmm, well, I don't measure anything, I just go by taste, but I'll give it a shot.

I start with about a 50/50 mix soy sauce and water. For this I used probably about a cup to a cup and a half soy sauce and about the same amount of water. I'll guess about a TBS of granulated garlic, a TBS of fresh grated ginger maybe a little more. Honey I really don't know. What I try to achieve is a marinade that is fairly salty and sweet at the same time. Then I add the chinese five spice to taste, maybe a half a teaspoon, be cautious, it can be pretty potent. The red food color is really optional, some recipes call for hoisin sauce, that will also give you some red color, I just don't use it personally. I just heat it all up to get it hot, so the flavors can steep, then cool. I like to marinate the meat for a minimum of 12 hours, 24 is better. Once you make it once or twice, you'll get all the flavors adjusted to your liking.
Sorry I can't be more specific.

KC

Good looking pork. I wonder if this is the glaze that my wife likes?

Yup I would hit that over and over and over...

Back