Weber Charcoal Summit Thread

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm going to post a lot of pictures and videos of the Summit over the next few weeks so I decided to start a thread. If anybody else got one and wants to participate, feel free to jump in. The more info, the merrier.

Here is a short video with a ton of pictures from the store.

[ame]http://youtu.be/2JFEc5YKaJY[/ame]

I'll post an unboxing video tomorrow or Tuesday (hopefully).

Let me know if you guys have any questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

I don't even want to know what that komodo kamado cost. :shock: Look forward to seeing more of the new Weber! Especially want to see down the road if it will fit the 24" Joetisserie (Which isn't out yet) but will be hopefully this Summer) A roti on that should be pretty bad arse.

:cool: Tuned in! I really like the SCG also.

h4UrotQ.gif

Haha that video is good
What I found interesting were the features that he pointed out that were basically cost cutting features left out from from the current Performer. Stainless table top, substantial casters, and the vent cutouts to aid low temp cooks.
The flaws in Weber's marketing he covered were interesting, also.

What I found interesting were the features that he pointed out that were basically cost cutting features left out from from the current Performer. Stainless table top, substantial casters, and the vent cutouts to aid low temp cooks.
The flaws in Weber's marketing he covered were interesting, also.

That was exactly what I was doing. Good eye!

Here is the unboxing vid. I hope you guys enjoy it because it was a lot of work. I think you will because it's more than just a dry unboxing vid.

[ame]http://youtu.be/-3NXqJQJto0[/ame]

This cooker is really cool. I have not fired it up get, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a kamado. I'm not sure why Weber is backing away from that designation. It's a kamado cooker with the convenience of a Performer cart...and it's actually a much improved Performer cart.

I really like the stainless steel table top, big beefy handles, basket, top vent, etc. Having said that, there are also a few things I would have done different. It's very "Weber" to put leg socket holes on a grill that will never have legs to avoid having to rethink how to attach the lower ash catch assembly (which also could have been given a facelift, but I'm fine with it if it works.)

The more time I spend with it, the more I like it. The convenience of a kamado plus the convenience of a kamado which addresses some of the issues of both ceramics and kettles is work the $ TO ME if there is a steep "Weber tax" built in.

I do hope they bring the price down in the future though because most people aren't going to buy in at the current prices...and I don't blame them.

Great video. I like your humor and your son is pretty sweet. Was hoping to see the bad-a fort he was going to make as well.

Back