Pork shoulder turned out great. Bone pulled right out and just in time for the kids. Should have started latter in the day so I didn't have to hold it so long. Better planing required on my part.

Attachments

• 20160501_191502.jpg
    20160501_191502.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 217
And plated: Slaw, Pork n Beans, Wings, Corn, Toast and of course Ribs

MYvxViSh.png

Love me some wangs

0VdyrbYh.png

As good as it gets in my book

lggJfCvh.png

Some damn good lookin cooks goin on recently! Great job everyone. I'll be firing mine up this upcoming weekend. Can't wait for the goodness!

Ditto and ditto!

Looks like you ate well Sako! Yum!

Thanks Andrew!! You think?? Last person who's my best friend just left now.

He's actually an ex airman. We were reminiscing about the old days. I actually q'd on his going away party years back and far from anything remotely good as tonight's dinner. :becky:

Sooooooo i decided im going to attempt at making a brisket this weekend. and i would like some advice. Does everyone wrap in foil??? if you wrap do you add a liquid too it? its a small 5lb choice from costco.

Yes I wrap and add some apple juice or sometimes just plain water. Lots of folks have switched from foil to butcher paper ala Franklin and some of the great bbq joints here in Texas.

the butcher paper wont burn?? ive seen people say it i was always wondering if it would resist the heat

Butcher paper for me because the brisket doesnt steam and is able to "breathe". Nothing wrong with foil BTW if you can't get your hands on BP readily.

It doesn't burn

20140119_163910.jpg

I use white butcher paper as well. I don't know if there's any difference between that and the mysterious pink butcher paper. I think I got mine at RD and it has worked just fine.

I dunno if a date ever got set for the 1st annual PBC thread cook off. I'm doing a pork butt this weekend and ribs next weekend so I consider myself celebrating!

I dunno if a date ever got set for the 1st annual PBC thread cook off. I'm doing a pork butt this weekend and ribs next weekend so I consider myself celebrating!

I'm still trying to get it worked out. Hopefully I will have something for you guys soon. But my plan (if it works out) is to have to start on 14 May and end on 23 May.....Votes to be tallied on 23 May.

Phil is pretty busy with the BBQ Brethren cook for 1000 troops so we will see what happens. We may have to delay it a week or so. But the thread is 1 year old on 13 May so I hope we can keep it close to that date.

I use white butcher paper as well. I don't know if there's any difference between that and the mysterious pink butcher paper. I think I got mine at RD and it has worked just fine.

No differences at all between the two, one juts costs nearly twice as much because of pink's popularity. After using BP I'll never go back to foil.

After only one cook on my PBC I took a drill to it. Yes, I know I have a problem, but I just embrace the illness and roll with it. I am a serial modder.

I wanted to have the option of a water pan. The food was great on this thing last night but I want to be able avoid having juices drip onto the coals enabling me to have options for flavor.

It was ~ 10 minute surgery.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_4459.jpg
    IMG_4459.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 189
After only one cook on my PBC I took a drill to it. Yes, I know I have a problem, but I just embrace the illness and roll with it. I am a serial modder.

I wanted to have the option of a water pan. The food was great on this thing last night but I want to be able avoid having juices drip onto the coals enabling me to have options for flavor.

It was ~ 10 minute surgery.

While I don't recommend drilling into and or permanently modding the PBC, I do understand your desire to want the option of catching drippings. I will do the same thing some day just not with a permanent mod. But hey its your PBC, right! :becky: I don't think you'll find adding a water pan a necessary issue though...
Now it's time to show off a cook or 3.....:becky::thumb:

While I don't recommend drilling into and or permanently modding the PBC, I do understand your desire to want the option of catching drippings. I will do the same thing some day just not with a permanent mod. But hey its your PBC, right! :becky: I don't think you'll find adding a water pan a necessary issue though...
Now it's time to show off a cook or 3.....:becky::thumb:

Actually I am not in to major modifications, but I figured 3 holes ain't too bad.I don't plan on selling it. But I know it creeps some folks out to do stuff like that.

Like I said, I am a serial modder.

However there are other ways to achieve trying a water pan that would not require drilling on it.

Back