The Aged Global Burger avec Pr0n

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Sourcing the finest ingredients can be a challenge here in France when it comes to beef products. The French prefer very lean meats cooked "Saignant" or rare. I am used to, as an American, a fattier variety. When it comes to ground beef, I prefer to grind my own and vacuum seal it for later use.
I recently found an Irish Black Angus,dry aged, Rib Roast "Entrecôte" and after cutting a dozen steaks i ground the trim with some fat trimmed from a Creekstone Brisket.

I was hungry for a burger and took the pack out of the freezer and while it was thawing, I noticed that there was burger battle going on in the Throwdowns. How timely I thought.

So I hand cut some English Cheddar cheese and made a nice patty of my ground beef.

Next I thawed some Brisket Chili with red kidney beans, I know, I know, real chili doesnt have beans!

I choose to use my Lyon Gas Grill for the job because it is super fast at heating up and is perfect for a hot and fast cook especially for burgers. She whom must be obeyed, doesn't eat beef so there are a couple fresh ground turkey burgers on there too.

Placed an aluminum sheet pan over the Cheeseburger to finish melting the cheese.

Plated everything up and topped it with an egg from a local hen.

And it was dinner time served with an nice cold Barilla pasta salad.

Thanks for Looking, Check out the other great entries in the Throwdown Entry Threads.

That burger looks amazing I really need to try the egg. Glad things are going well Your food looks great here and on facebook

I was about to cry about the beans, but then you put the egg on top! The runny yolk makes a little magic with beans IMO. I'd knock the bottom outta that! Great job bud!:eusa_clap

Obviously a great looking burger but for me just to have you back posting in QTalk is a special treat. Hope you will be around as time permits.

Back