I did it... I did it....finally got me a cooker!!!!!

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
The driving force behind this one was I have cooked hams for the last several years and give out to random people.... My buddy's cooker that I use just sold ( he's ordered a whopper)... So Tyler talked me into building this one he has one like it but smaller.... I finished it yesterday at 1:00pm and at 2:00 pm I was cooking hams... It had not been sandblasted or painted because I am going to add a fold down stainless shelf.... Fenders.... And a fold down burner....1 man can easily flip it up... And one can rock it over and lay it down.. Although it is easier when you lay it down to have 1 person give a push for the initial tilt.. It is mobile and you can run the roads with it.. 5 ft tall.. 30
Wide.. 27 deep... It performed flawlessly.... I love it.... There will be a couple little things to do... But seriously I just loved the way it cooked.. I put 200#s of hams on it.... And could have put 50 more... There was not a hot spot as far as I could tell.. I don't us those funny looking digital things.... When I finish it.. I will add a video... And a better description of how it works....

The hams at this point I'm feverishly trying to finish it enough to cook on

Sharon was prepping the hams while I was trying to get the sucker ready

Hams looking great before a 1.5hr spell in the smoker wrapped...

I will say this... Several people called and said they were spectacular.... Even I thought they were great... And I'm my worst critic.... Cooker performerd better than I could ask... Very very happy with it.. Small footprint.. Holds tons. Of meat..

Hoss if you are out there.... Here is a sneak peep.. Tyler has you well on the way....

Merry Christmas.....

:clap2: That thing Would Sell. I've always said I'd like just the Firebox and Warmer when I see a Shirley pic.

You're gonna love your Shirley. And they are such great folks to deal with. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Paul you burning splits or using a charcoal basket with wood chunks?

You going to throw a big old

images

on there?

Sign me up for one, and it is a wonderful thing you do giving out the hams each year, Merry christmas and Happy New Year to you and your Family.

Merry Christmas to you and all the Shirley crew. May the peace of our Lord be with you always.

Back