Big Crawfish Boil This Weekend

SDAR

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Cooking 400 lbs of crawfish, red beans and rice, jambalaya and all the fixins for the refinery this weekend. These bad boys are 100 quart pots and the burners are 180,000 BTU. I bought two of each. It's going to be fun!

Attachments

• IMG_3602.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 205
That sounds delicious! Can you run those burners with a 20# tank or do you need at least a 100# tank?

They say 20#. I've got 4 tanks. I asked 2 other guys to bring theirs just in case.

That's a boil! What are you paying a pound, and where?

I just purchased a Bayou Classic Stainless Steel 82 quart which held a 30lb sack with all the fixings. Turned out there were some light weights at the boil and I had at least 15 pounds left over. I separated the tails from the body and picked them the next morning and had a 3 lb yield. Used a pound for crawfish cornbread and froze the rest.

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Sorry about the orientation of the photos. I am tired of trying to get them to display properly. Perhaps the mod will rotate them.

Looks like you need to use the pantyhose trick on a cook that big! Corn down one leg and taters in the other for each pot and tie off to the handle on top. Works Great although I hear the used ones.....nevermind

I'm turning green with envy!

:pop2:

Looking forward to seeing your cook and the feast!

I don't know what we paid per pound. Another guy put that on his account. I'm just in charge of the cook and the equipment. :wink:

Looks like a great time, sure you guys work hard so it's nice to get some appreciation for that.

I don't know what we paid per pound. Another guy put that on his account. I'm just in charge of the cook and the equipment. :wink:

You will be needing a boat paddle Brother.

2n8pt0i.jpg

Cooking 400 lbs of crawfish, red beans and rice, jambalaya and all the fixins for the refinery this weekend. These bad boys are 100 quart pots and the burners are 180,000 BTU. I bought two of each. It's going to be fun!

I have the 80 quart pot with the jet burner.It is a badass burner.I have made frost form on the outside of a hundred pound bottle,running a splitter and two of those burners.

Looks like a goodass time. Where do people find live crawfish for their boils?

Those burners will do just fine on 20# bottles. I use the Bayou Classic Banjo's (also a 180K BTU) on my 20 gal brew house, and boil for 60-90 min depending on what beer I'm brewing. I can get 3 brew sessions (at least) from a 20# bottle...extra tanks are always good though! Wish I could be there...love me a crawfish boil! Have fun!

Way to roll! Looking forward to the pron.

Looks like a goodass time. Where do people find live crawfish for their boils?

There are companies all over the internet that will overnight them to you. They are delivering them 60 miles to us from the airport. Really cool. You can pick the sizes and everything.

Back