• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Who started this whole Easter Ham thing

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I get the habanero jalapeño deviled egg part- but to me ham is for Swiss cheese and mayo or fried up with O/E eggs.

So debating smoking some spares in the PBC with a couple of Nekkid Fattys to aromatize the hood and a leftover roasted green Chile Stew with smoked butt and grilled chopped center cut chops.

Or Taco Villa and a Guinness

Last edited:
Going 100% Lump in PBC for 2 racks of spares and a couple Nekkid Fattys.
Happy Easter cowgirl and all y'all.

Fire lit, beer #1

Last edited:
Probably tmi, but I ran across this and though of your post.

LAMB VERSUS HAM
Although the choice of what to serve for Easter dinner might come down to taste preference, for others the menu holds great significance.In early Jewish history, lambs were sacrificed as offerings to God and served regularly as part of the Passover feast. Then, when Jesus died during Passover, he became representative of the ultimate sacrifice for sin, the “lamb of God,” and the animal evolved into a potent symbol for Christians, especially at Easter. Many Orthodox Christians still follow the Jewish Orthodox customs of not eating any pork, so lamb takes center stage at their Easter meal.Others, however, wouldn’t imagine Easter without ham. Symbolizing “good luck” for many cultures around the world, it made a fitting meal at all sorts of feasts and celebrations, according to the Encyclopedia of Religion. Some historians believe Easter’s spring timing also factored into the choice: Farmers typically slaughtered pigs in the fall and then took several months to smoke the pork, making a ham ready just in time for Easter dinner.

Happy Easter Adams!

Update!! Green chile Stew smells amazing, and Brides ribs have been sauced. Added four brisket dripping ice cubes to the GC Stew. Amen.

Last edited:
Stew is bubbling, ribs are resting, Skinny 12oz Nekkid Fattys are on the grate.

In between walked 2.5 mi, biked 1:24, and hit 100 plus range balls + putted.

It's been a grand day. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Out of the park, sir!!

Dang... 16 Adams, you just made that so-so ham we had today look really bad lol....

Looks fantastic!

Damn, that stew looks awesome! This past August I bought a case of hot Hatch chile's. DAMN, these things are hot. I like spicy, but I can't put in as many as I'd like without blowing my head off.

Note to self... Next year, get mild or medium. Which heat level do you get?

I try to get a variety. Bride is a mild to medium. I like med thru XXHot. I store them roasted 8-10 flat in a baggie. I can break off a piece to test the SHU. If they're flamethrowers I dial back the amount and add a mild green Chile enchilada sauce or a bottle of green chile Chilula or Tabasco. I honestly attempting Cook to lowest heat level for my wife. If I find the super hot I will use those for rellenos burgers dips etc.

Seriously we eat them almost every day- in or on something.

Back