How to make Brazilian BBQ at home?

darthtrader

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I LOVE going to Brazilian BBQ restaurants and I'd like to replicate it at home. From what I understand, I can use a rotisserie attachment on my kettle and liberally seasoning the meat with sea salt and garlic. Anyone have any suggestions with this? Any experience? I'm going to try this with a primal cut of short ribs.

I have a spinner attachment for my kettle and I love it!

If you have eatten at a real Brasilian Restaurant (yes, in Brasil and those of us with ties to Brasil spell it correctly with an "S") you would probably throw up in your mouth at the health conditions of the kitchens. Meats stay out way past safe temps before cooking, "Flies what flies oh them they won't hurt anything". Amazingly enough nobody ever gets sick there from the big meat house restaurants and the food is awesome as well as plentiful. Waiters walk around with scewers with large loads of meat and slice it off at your table onto your plate when you want more. They even have a few Chinese restaurants down there!:biggrin:

If you desire to be a true Brasiliero, you also won't even think of eating dinner before 10pm. I thought it was a Rio thing, but it's the same in Salvador. They've also got quite a few Habib's down there too (that's a middle eastern restaurant chain).

where is a good one?

I don't think I have ever been to a good one

whats better? the greasy spoon type or the cleaner family types?

wasn't there a chain of them in malls a few years ago?

There is an awesome one in Tampa Florida. Don't remember the name of it, but it was very, very good.

I have never eat at their resturant but I do like a good looking brazilian wax job

There is a great one in Vegas. It has been around for 20 years, way before it was "cool". On Paradise about a mile from the Convention Center.
Called Yoli's. Worth the trip if you are there.

If you desire to be a true Brasiliero, you also won't even think of eating dinner before 10pm. I thought it was a Rio thing, but it's the same in Salvador. They've also got quite a few Habib's down there too (that's a middle eastern restaurant chain).

I spent a few years in Bahia (Salvador) and never ate much later then 8 or 9 pm.:wink:

Last edited:
I went ot one a few years ago in Scarsdale (?) lots of different kinds of meat, including some game.
great idea, think it may have not been done that well

Back