brisket injection and wrap products

Dtmara

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey all. We've been using kosmos beef injection for the last several years. Did fairly well in 2015, but consistently trailed off in 2016 and continuing. Don't know if there's a different flavor profile that's moved away from Kosmos, but I'd love to hear what you guys are injecting with. We also have used stubbs beef marinade in our wrap. I still love the heck out of our brisket and the products we use with it, but I'd love to hear anyone willing to share some of the injections and wrap products being used.

Butchers has been working for us on the West Coast. I like that he makes the brisket injection in an already mixed bottle portioned for one brisket - one less thing I have to do.

As far as wrapping I've been using a few slices of butter (real butter not margarine), a few shakes of Caldo de Res (Beef Base), a little beef broth or stock and drizzle of BBQ sauce.

Good luck man!

Butchers has been working for us on the West Coast. I like that he makes the brisket injection in an already mixed bottle portioned for one brisket - one less thing I have to do.

As far as wrapping I've been using a few slices of butter (real butter not margarine), a few shakes of Caldo de Res (Beef Base), a little beef broth or stock and drizzle of BBQ sauce.

Good luck man!

Smitty, thanks man!

Good luck man!

Sounds good! :thumb:

I'm a fan of natural au jus. However, I do doctor up the juices before I put my slices in the box. Usually a little salt, splash of Worcestershire, tiny bit of sauce. Smittys idea of adding some butter and other stuff in the wrap sounds good.

I'm a fan of natural au jus. However, I do doctor up the juices before I put my slices in the box. Usually a little salt, splash of Worcestershire, tiny bit of sauce. Smittys idea of adding some butter and other stuff in the wrap sounds good.

We are struggling with as jus for brisket and wondering if anyone might have some ideas. We cook our brisket on an 18.5 WSM and a full size hotel pan will not fit in it. If placing a half pan on the bottom rack, the drippings burn up before they amount to enough to have as jus.

We previously have tried using store bought as jus in various mixtures and all of them give the wrong flavor profile and either dry out or tighten up the meat (completely the wrong direction).

Also how long are you guys soaking your slices in as jus before turn ins?

Thanks in advance!

We are struggling with as jus for brisket and wondering if anyone might have some ideas. We cook our brisket on an 18.5 WSM and a full size hotel pan will not fit in it. If placing a half pan on the bottom rack, the drippings burn up before they amount to enough to have as jus.

We previously have tried using store bought as jus in various mixtures and all of them give the wrong flavor profile and either dry out or tighten up the meat (completely the wrong direction).

Also how long are you guys soaking your slices in as jus before turn ins?

Thanks in advance!

I use one of those oval sized pans, it may be a tight fit in your 18.5 WSM though. If that doesn't work try double wrapping tightly in foil and then transfer to a foil pan every time you need to open it, like probing for tenderness. I once lost all my juices due to a hole in the foil pan, I had my buddy bring some beef broth.. it was a lost cause as far as replicating natural au jus.

When wrapping brisket I have used both Head County Marinade and Willingham's WHAM sauce.

When injecting I was always fond of FAB B.

these are all probably out dated ...kinda like me lol.

Back