• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Burn

B

bbqpigskin

I brought "The Hog" home yesterday. Looks great! I coated the inside and grills with peanut oil, sprayed the outside with Pam, and lit a fire. I plan on letting it go for about 4-6 hrs. One thing that I notice already is that the temp rises faster at the chimney end than at the firebox end. I have not put the tuning plates in yet, although I do have the baffle and first plate welded in. Maybe that is the reason for the difference in temp. it is not drastic, maybe 5 deg. Anyhow, I'll post pics in awhile.

This is fun!

Here is "The Hog"

Below are a few pics of the first offical burn. It has been going at about 250 now for 3.5 hrs.

I have begun to think twice about the tuning plates. There is only a 5 deg difference from the front to back. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Fire 1.jpg
    Fire 1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Fire 2.jpg
    Fire 2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 89
  • Fire 3.jpg
    Fire 3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Fire 4.jpg
    Fire 4.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Fire 5.jpg
    Fire 5.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Fire 6.jpg
    Fire 6.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 88
5 degrees diff? I wouldn't touch it! Nice looking rig, who made it? Got any pics from inside the main chamber? I love smoker p0rn even more than food p0rn!

Very nice! Thanks for the pics.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about a 5 degree difference. That's more than managable

Why bother with a 5 degree difference. Great looking smoker. And a cool little sous chef as well.

I'll post interior pics tomorrow. I did not want to open it up while seasoning. Alabama- I built the pit. Thanks for the comments!

Very nice. Bet your neighbors will get mighty friendly when you fire that up, looks like it will cook a lot of butts!

Very nice looking machine. What kind of temperature difference do you have left to right? I agree with the others that 5F is not worth messing with front to back, but you may have a bigger gradient in the airflow direction.

When you get a chance, I'd like to see the pictures from inside as well.

Congratulations on the new cooker!

Smoker Looks Great Brother!! Good Job !!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Great Pics too...Thanks !!

Good lookin' cooker......congrats!!!!

Inside Pics

Thanks for all of the comments. Below are some pics of the inside after seasoning it yesterday. I was able to hold it at 270-275 for a good 5 hrs yesterday. I was really stoked! The first pic is one side of shelves, the second is the baffle and the third is of the shoulders going in in about 30 min. I'll post more later.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Inside 1.jpg
    Inside 1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Baffle.jpg
    Baffle.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Butts.jpg
    Butts.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 34
Back