Turkey on the thaw

Negolien

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey All,

Started the Turkey thaw tonight. I have a 3.5 pound pre cooked boneless sous vide from Omaha Steaks. I have had a few of their items and really like the company unlike SRF my packages from Omaha ALWAYS come with lots of dry ice still in the box. I have had their slow cooker meals which were easy but meh and some of their meats like smoked brisket which was AWESOME.

Just gonna plop the boobie in a pan and wrap in foil then throw on my MB 560 for 45 mins. Can't wait to try it. Any thoughts on browning I don't usually do sous vide.

Last edited:
hey should I cook it to a temp ? It's pre cooked and just says cook at 350 for 45 mins in pan wrapped with foil.

If it’s precooked I assume you just want to get color on it. Do you have a sous vide cooker? If so, use that to bring it up to temp, then I would probably throw it on the grill to crisp the skin.
If you don’t have a sous vide, and want to use your smoker, use that to bring the bird up to temp. With it already being cooked, I don’t think you’ll get much smoke flavor beyond the very outside surface.

ty

color and temp I don't have a sou vide I purchased it pre cooked. I would normally cook it to 165 wasn't sure you needed to get a cooked meat back to that IT to reheat

Follow the instructions You just need it warmed up to eat I believe sous vide turkey is good at 150* Google it

Yup done now and resting. Not a fan of the exterior texture but the meat tastes good.
Will put pics up after slice.

done

little over cooked because I didn't like the texture under foil. Tastes good would probably have preferred a regular cooked one reheated over a sou vide but not gonna complain. Omaha does it right yet again. I also got some raw boneless skinless breasts from them with this order and they were pretty good but on the small side. really a fan of their service if only they had SRF quality of meats.

Last edited:
Back