Chuck Spicy Gravy & Noodles (pr0n)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
As promised, I have more chuck to use and this was my next choice of food we wanted to eat, a spicy comfort food dish for chilly evenings.
I pounded up a few spices like fennel, cumin, peppercorns, cinnamon, star anise and galangal.

Added cloves and soon had the spices to add to other soft ingredients so we could make a paste base

A little mechanical assistance, my trusty ancient mini processor whips these together for me

Now, we trim the chuck and cube it, a razor sharp carbon blade makes this step pretty easy

After frying the paste until it is fragrant, we add and fry the chuck, then add enough water to cover the meat and stir well.Simmer for a couple of hours, slowly reducing.
Finally we add an onion and cubed potato and simmer until the liquid is thickened, the meat is so tender, a fork can push straight through and separate the cube.

Tear up some Basil and mint into the bowls, cook some rice noodles and bowl up, then add the rich beef and gravy

The rice noodles give an unctious feel with the rich gravy adhering

This is what we were looking for alright.
Spicy rich with a Pho like flavor but far more complex and intense.

Thanks brethren
:yo:

Great looking comfort food Bucc!! Dibs on any leftovers. :mrgreen:

Fark it... I'm on the plane.

I need to show you how to do this right you flamin' tool!

:becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Damn I'm funny..

You're bloody good Buccs.

I just wanna know where that dish hit some charcoal...:wink:

But really... I just got some beef cheeks today. They would really go nice in that dish...

:bolt:

Back