RD - meh

Great points guys! There are some things I will check out next time I go.

Sigh... we are in BBQ, right.... so if we are BBQing, we technically are IN the lower quality meat sales... we just turn select cuts into things of Gold.

Grilling is a nother matter though.

Since I joined, and it's free... I agree that prices on Spices and Honey and oils are worth the drive and tolls.

Sams is getting to where they just do not have anything like they used to.

Sigh...thank you for not spearing me too bad.

I can go to Walmart for Select, but I can get even lower quality if I drive out to RD. Thankfully, they have Angus at RD.

I don't think I am accomplished enough to make gold out of grades under Select... I guess I should believe in myself more. Self esteem issues or something like that.

I've also gotten to know the store manager as well as the meat manager. When I ask them to, they hook me up. They have great customer service, IMO.

That's the key to any place you buy meat. Get to know the employees and they will treat you right. I have 2 grocery stores where they know me. They let me go thru the meat in the back every time. Don't have a RD but our Sam's is expensive on brisket and the best they have is cab. I get prime way cheaper at grocery stores.

Back