Sunday Jerk Chicken

Good looking Jerk Chicken! I made jerk chicken this week too. Mine was not hot enough, but the flavor was great. 36 hour marinade, one hour smoking, then grilled. The street where I live is actually lined with allspice trees. When the City and County come by to trim them I just ask for the wood. I also get a lot of guava wood.

Food looks great. Did you use any wood on that cook? I've been trying to find some pimento wood.

I bought my allspice chips from pimentowood.com. It's legit.
While a little pricey, it's the real deal and no other wood flavors like it does for jerk.

To the op, food looks farkin great! Thanks for sharing the recipes- very interested in the festival!

^ That's it, the Otaheite Apple!

That website is slowly looking familiar as the name is starting to, too. Dang, could I really have found it and forgot? :doh: I'm scared to check my computer bookmarks….

Thanks for helping me out brother, I appreciate it. :becky:

great looking food, mon !

can I ask.........how did you get so much volume from those ingredients? Did you double it..............or were the onions and scallions enough ?

great looking food, mon !

can I ask.........how did you get so much volume from those ingredients? Did you double it..............or were the onions and scallions enough ?

It gave me about a cup and a half of finished after blending, and I used all of it.

Back